1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    hmmmm very cool. did not know that lol
  2. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It should be the samething, a randomly generate code. Now I know with WoW how it works is you only need to enter the code once at login, then after that it's automated. I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure mobile authenticators on cell phones are the exact same as the key-chain authenticator.
  4. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    Yea once you log into WoW from one computer with the authenticated, you usually don't have to again... And yes the App and key-version work the same, active and deactive are the same also. I had key-chain for awhile till I got a Droid, then decided to get the App, well till the App went retarded, and cause the annoying message "Your phone is rooted, you are risk blah blah"
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    6 days for me

*tension builds*
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I took my authenticator off my account when I rooted and put CyanogenMod on my old phone. It took me a while to get it all down, but I was at a friends house so I didn't have my keyfob authenticator to tie to my account for the time being.

IIRC my account was without an authenticator for a period of 12 hours. Someone had hacked my account in this time, vendored all of my gear, transferred all of my gold and got me permabanned for hacking.

I didn't find any of that out for another month when I went to reup my WoW account (which Blizzard allowed me to do by the way) and tried to log in. Blizzard was pretty quick about getting my account back to me. It's kind of weird since whoever hacked my account didn't change my login info at all.

The authenticator does what it's designed to do and I will never have my battle.net account without one from now on.
  7. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I've had my account hacked numerous times, first time was after I played for about 4 years, I had friends who had their accounts hacked by then, but never me. Then in a 2 week span, I personally knew 11 people who had their accounts hacked (it was almost everyone I knew that didn't have an Authen). If that doesn't spell leak, I don't know what does, such a short window of time and such a high percentage of people. I got my account back, but later it was hacked a few more times, once they didn't change any of my info either, and it wasn't even banned. I logged in (I hadn't been playing for 6 months) and my account was active... My gold was gone and my old Vanilla items I wore around town were gone, but all my main gear was there. I changed my password and wrote a ticketm they gave me my gear and money back. Then I checked my mailbox and turns out they had moved all my money into the mail, so I had all my gold in the mail, plus the refunded gold Blizzard mailed me, lol, I doubled my money from that hack. Also found out they got me some gear to as I looked at my Warlock, they had been running instances? They didn't remove their CC info from my account either, so I just kept playing on it (best hacker ever?) for like 2 months till they must have contacted their bank to get it removed.
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    see i was under the impression no one was actually being hacked and were just not being secure with their passwords. since it's you kurgan i have to assume that is not the case then?

I had the authenticator on my phone for awhile, but after having to reinstall my phone i had to go through the process of getting it removed. Obviously i'd rather do that than get it hacked, but i was hesitant to use the authenticator again because i assumed being a safe password person and all i would be fine.

now i am thinking that is not the case :(
  9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats what they say. But anytime I have been hacked, numerous friends get hacked during a very close time period, just seems fishy that hacks are in waves of sorts. Also I've been hacked after fresh copies of Windows (some will say, well maybe they had your info long ago and just saved it).

Honestly I say run an authenticator of some sort. I only visit TPU, GN and thats about it for websites, check my processes a lot, and run AV's, IP blockers, and other things. Yet I've still had my account hacked. I truly believe there is a leak somewhere in Blizzard, WoW gold = Real World money. A leak of passwords to take gold and sell would be an extremely easy source of income.
    HTC and digibucc say thanks.
  10. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I hope Diablo 3 can satisfy my need for a new game, a lot of new games these days aren't suiting my fancy.
  11. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  12. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I'm hoping I can hold out a computer purchase until after the summer, so until then I guess I'll be playing a lot of D2. Right now I'm trying a Necro, something I for some reason never have tried before. And it's awesome. Plus one of the first drops I got was Gull. Moar Magic Find!!
  13. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  14. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I've never shared my password or login information with anyone and it's always been completely separate from everything else I do on the internet. My battlenet password has always been the hardest password I have, and I'm paranoid about viruses and shit. My battlenet account got hacked, but my bank account and everything else was fine. I never even had a problem with my Steam account on the same system. Just WoW.

So yeah, they probably had/have a password leak somewhere. Hell, I remember when Nitheria (Blizzard Rep) got hacked and her account posted a keylogger link on the official WoW forums. It was epic beyond words.
    digibucc says thanks.
  15. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Same happened to me. I solved the problem by putting blizzard authenticator on my ipod, and since it has worked its way to my phone. Granted I occasionally play SC2. I stopped paying for WoW. After playing WoW since two days after release of vanilla, the game gets pretty old. I stopped after I got 3 85s, I don't have time to RAID and I don't feel like leveling another toon.
  16. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    Mussels says thanks.
  17. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    don't you know, everyone will see your battletag instead of your character name it d3. they will only see your char name in a few select places.
    not a big deal but honestly it doesn't make sense to me.
  19. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    are you ready?
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  20. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm. character would be better in some ways, at least for strangers.

4 days til i get my CE :3

made friends with a guy at the store i preordered to snag a discount, may try and get it early as well.

edit: top comment

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  21. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Yee my D3 copy has been send out today so if im lucky i will get it tomorrow, and definetly on monday :). Days go so long till release,just cant wait.
  22. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  23. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  24. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    im so freakin excited, it's just starting to sink in.
  25. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    1.0.1 Know issues list - Updated 5/11/12

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036

Mussels and HTC say thanks.