1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    I for one am glad they finally killed the game. now they can focus on something else

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Like another MMORPG? :laugh:

3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

Cata is not easy. Wrath was easy.

4. IndigoGoose New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok cata made it really easy to lvl with all the guild perks and so on

5. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    Now that Ill agree with. They made leveling much easier from 1-80. But raiding and heroics, much, much harder.

6. IndigoGoose New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad to hear that :toast:

I think the dungeons are alot better with Cata

7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, you are drunk, lol. BC was trash, and so was WotLK. BC's raids were decent, but the space crap feel was garbage. And WotLK started off way too easy. I don't know a single person that shares your opinion (and my guilds is a group of 20 real life friends, and I know others that play on other servers). So far content is tough, got a decent engine revamp, and we are back in azeroth, also arenas are better.

But, despite that, I would never want to see them use anything from it, or any other expansion in D3. WoW's too colorful, and models are too crap. Despite the isometric view, I've always been extremely impressed with how Diablo has looked, even D1 now I look back and am very impressed (I still play it on my PSP).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    IndigoGoose and random say thanks.
  8. Praetorian

Praetorian New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also want D3 to have the same atmosphere or better than Diablo 1. Sadly I know that wont happen...

9. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Blizzard is addicted to easy money. In order to make the most money possible, they have to dumb down the games for even the most retarded mouth-breathing, you-tube commenting, console gaming simpletons. And they make the games so easy that a pre-schooler can roll face.

10. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else stressed that there is not a knightly character this time around? I need a shiny armor-clad character to play most sword-related games. Doesn't feel right without it. Barbarians, Witch Doctors, Monk, Wizard, Demon Hunter but nothing like a knight. Also, the character models and level of detail doesn't look any better than when WoW came out in 2005.

I don't get it, maybe it is supposed to be like this? This is what you guys want from the franchise?

11. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure there will be new classes when the game gets an expansion.

12. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    yep in 2015 :roll:

13. Praetorian

Praetorian New Member

Thanks Received:
    Which will be a DLC of course!

14. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'll believe it when I see it. Blizzard doesn't exactly offer DLC they still do straight up expansions.

15. Praetorian

Praetorian New Member

Thanks Received:
    DLC is the latest fashion thingy. Have you forgot? ;):rolleyes:

16. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    DLC has been around for a long while and Blizzard still puts out expansions rather then DLC.

17. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Don't you mean to say that Blizzard is addicted to making their games playabl by everyone as they always have? They are still the most successful on the pc platform.. Why? Because their games run on most systems and are playable by all age groups for both casual/new gamers, you should be thanking them for contributing so much to the PC gaming community. The day blizzard sells out and starts making console ports would be the NWO for gaming :laugh:.. And to be quite honest WoW seems closer to vanilla than ever? CC is back, heroic dungeons take more than half an hour to clear and mobs hit hard enough to make the healer and tank shit their pants. I am quite tired of seeing comments about how dumbed down WoW is... Vanilla days are over, they have a much bigger audience to cater for now, move on and don't be mad that new kids came to share our bad ass jumping castle. And to stay on topic I am assuming thy will reveal a paladin class maybe closer to the release of D3?

CrackerJack says thanks.
  18. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    AFAIK all of the Diablo 3 classes have been revealed.

random says thanks.
  19. random

random

Thanks Received:
    :ohwell: ah then I have a feeling it maybe brought in by expansions and not by DLC

DannibusX says thanks.
  20. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Agreed Blizz has done a lot for the PC gaming world and in return they have made tons of cash. I have no problem with Blizz working on console projects as the games are programed just for that kind of system. Other than a few neat features SC2 was a DX9 title that with slight modification i bet would run all day on consoles. The funny thing about DLC is that when they make you buy your expansion disk thingy all your really getting is the key, last time I bought one everything is already DLC and then just unlocked. I have a lot of faith in Diablo 3, reason being that even though art might not be as dark as some would like it but that game is going to be fun as shit. I personally would love to see a paladin before release and I'm sure we will get something.

21. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Not really angry, was just drunk last night and hungover. But, I cannot stand most of the people who play WoW and SC2, and these filth will probably sleaze over to D3 as well. That is where most of the annoyance comes from.

And you don't need to teach me the history of Blizzard, I've been playing their games since the original Warcraft. One of the things that does piss me off is how they raped their own 'fluff' (history and story). They have done a lot for the PC platform, but it seems those days are over. We can look forward to gouging from here on out. Sparkle ponies were just the tip of the iceberg.

Anothery thing I don't like is how they put out such poorly optimized games. I mean SC2 and WoW don't even utilize more than 2 cores. They are still coding for WinXP/32-bit.
    Almost every processor since WoW released has been 64 bit capable. Multi-core adoption is on the rise. If they really wanted to advance the PC platform, they would drop the tired, outdated platforms and move on.
    And in a weird way, MAC OS may be what kicks them into the next gen. All modern macs are pretty decent (but overpriced), 64 bit and multi-core.
    It's one thing to put out a product that will play on anything. But to have it play like ass on high end machines is a head scratcher.

/end rant
    (need some coffeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE)

22. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    dude you really need to watch these kinds of posts.

I mean for those of us not continually following the thread every second your post looks like D3 was canned.

anywho what's with the push back? I figured with sc2 out and cataclysm out they'd have full resounces to focus on this.

23. random

random

Thanks Received:

If you've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft then you should have learned that Blizzard games usually don't utilize high-end hardware, mainly because it doesn't need it to. I still remember the days I played Diablo 2 on my 64mb Pentium 2 PC without the need for a dedicated GPU. :rolleyes:

And they do optimize their games, but their target for optimizing are lower to mid-range systems betting anything that more people with mediocre systems are accepted into their beta more than people with high end ones. :toast:

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Ya don't want them to do that as it give them more reason to charge for D3 and BNet.

25. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    hmmm I guess it would ... but I just dont see them making us pay for D3