1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had the Templar since I first met him and for every one of his ability levels I chose the best "Save Me, NOW !" option. I also have all of my abilities set for max survivability.
    I have tens of thousands of gold, so I can repair my stuff every time I die for a looong time. :laugh:

I got bored with Skyrim too (although it was some 100 hours later, not 4).
    Diablo 3 kicked me right back into being enthusiastic about gaming again. It's just an easy to play, fun to watch game of mob slaughter. What's not to like?

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Maybe you can play with the guys in ts tonight, they should be getting to that point shortly. I would help but I work all day.

3. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I don't want help. I'll get it eventually. I'm used to dieing a lot in games.

Also, I don't have TS ... or a microphone/headset for that matter.

4. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Dude, I do the exact same thing. Totally hyped up for Skyrim and Amalur, but didn't play them much more than 20 hours. The deal with me is, I have to be able to play games with friends, or at least other random people. Single player for some reason bores the bejeezus out of me.

That said, the first 9 levels (an hour and a half, maybe?) probably won't be enough play-time for you to make a quality decision.

5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Welcome Paulieg... :D

Myself, I love ARPG's but I never get time to even play myself.. So, MP is something I never do... But, Diablo III is sweet for anyone who wants to play it..

Paulieg says thanks.
  6. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks to CS for the guest pass. Gonna give it a go late tonight. Maybe I could join some of you guys in MP. :rockout:

7. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Is a guest pass considered starter edition? If so, Dave said you can't play with full version people.

Anyway, drop off your battletag and I'll be happy to start a new character to play together in a fresh game.

8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I didn't evne notice until we were in town, then you left right after lulz. ANd yeah, it cna be vrey..well..um..yeah.:roll:

9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I just chased you around in the sewers for awhile and got a kill or two just to see what it was like. I left because I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone else there. :)
    As you state ... it will definitely be .. uh ... interesting. :laugh:

10. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That's a good question. Anyone know? Oh, and thanks Kreij. May take you up on that.

11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I don't mind at all if someone drops in. The ability to go back and re-do quest-oriented events makes it not matter to me at all. I ahve more than one character, and do plan to paly each class, so it's no big deal at all.

Part of my problem noticing what's going on is my class choice...summoning 3 dogs and a zombie or two means that there's lots of action directly around me, making it hard to see other players. Hafl the time i don't evne see al lthe enemies, and ahve to rely on the summoned creatures attacks to know there's still an enemy or two around. :roll:.

Has to be starter editions to paly with guest passes together...which means creation of a secondary battletag, maybe, and using one of the guest passes for yourself, if you want to play with those that you give passes to.

Mailman got a pass for Reayth, optino to join him was greyed out ,adn hew could nto join us. Brandonwh64 also got a guest pass, and he could paly wit hreayth, but I couldn't join brandon either, so i guess it's full with full, and starter with starter only..

12. Gilletter

Gilletter

Thanks Received:
    I have one more guest pass available to anyone that would like to try. Shoot me a pm and ill send it out when I get home from work

Battletag: gilletter#1820

13. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I just do a quick spin with my laser to double check of I missed anything.

" I could probably kill a lot of people while spinning. I could kill everyone while spinning" - the noob

14. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    When I first started getting gems, I was only getting chipped ruby's. Then when I started getting the other 3 types of gems, I stopped getting ruby's. Do I have bad luck, or is that how the loot lists are supposed to work?

EDIT: I finally found another chipped ruby. I think the game tries to balance your gem drops.

EDIT2: LOL, I have a non-magic weapon called "Balanced Dagger". This dagger is having it's bonus applied to my off-hand weapon (which does 35.6 dps).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  15. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I don't know how far you guys have gone so far, but i'm level 60 now. If i put in a bit of effort i think i could probably hit inferno in another couple hours.

I still die really quickly in hell though which has me somewhat concerned. (49.6K health)

16. PandaMadness New Member

Thanks Received:
    Diablo III Guest Pass

Hey, I'm looking for a guest pass to try the starter edition of diablo 3. I wanna try the game out really badly, so if anyone has one that I can have please message me! Thanks c:

17. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Your non magic weapon has a better aps (attack per second) which is why, even though it has less dmg, it produces more dps.

18. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    my first legendary

[​IMG]

cadaveca and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  19. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    I've finally finished the normal campaign. It took me 19.5 hours playing casually. Not bad for what is supposed to be a short campaign.

Here's my character,
    [​IMG]

With Battle Rage and Berserker Rage he can reach around 750dps. I'm not sure how much Frenzy adds because, for some reason, it's bonus isn't shown.

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    lol i must be REALLLY slow. i'm 10 hours in and just got to act 2. I am not purposely taking my time or anything - but i am one to explore every nook and cranny.

Also i'm leveling one of each, though the 10 hrs is just my wizard, who is farthest along.

21. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    W1zzard invented a planet where there are 50 hours a day. My god w1z. anyway i need partners in hell. 3000DPS's just isnt enough.

22. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    That's the best way to play, Digi. You get the most for your money by taking your time and exploring everything.
    If you think about it, someone who screams through the ($60) game in 6 hours just paid $10/hr for their entertainment. Of course if they find that fun then more power to them.

I wander endlessly and check out everything. There is also some random nature to this game. I found things in dungeons with my second character that were definitly not there with my first character because I clear dungeons.

digibucc says thanks.
  23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i remember reading about it, they have more instances than uses for them, so there are some you simply will not see on a given play through. I agree, i feel i get the most out of it going slow like i do :)

back to the game ;)

24. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    Heres my 41 Witch doctor with 5 stacks of soul harvest i can just about hit 1000 DPS

[​IMG]

25. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Anyone here in hell yet on the north america servers i can play with?

edit- nvm i'm in inferno now :D

Last edited: May 19, 2012