1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    I just got to Act 2 with a lvl 17 WD :)

2. m1ch

m1ch

Thanks Received:
    Aye, after getting to lvl 53 I also think about dumping my barb and just rolling something else :\

3. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Don't give up on the barb, there's still hope. I imagine blizzard will do something to help the melee classes in the future, because as it is, melee gets torn apart in inferno difficulty. It would be stupid to have a difficulty where you can only do well if you're a wizard, WD, or DH.

4. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlIfuQhISVs

magibeg, AsRock and razaron say thanks.
  5. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
  6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I just respec'd my wizard for nightmare Act III. Using the infinite health trick...I can stand in mobs way longer then any melee fighter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojMsZ0EP7E - based off this. I use Acid Hydra instead.

Lame, yeah. I think it is lame that melee chars can't stand and fight. But my wizard doesn't mind. With my armor shield active I can only lose 1/3 my health per hit, no matter who hits me. Then my health regen's so fast Im full by the enemies second swing.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  7. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Isn't the weakness to that build: A. Any dot will insta-gib you. and B. taking hits from more than one source will leave you without enough regen to heal yourself?

8. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    The DOT has to exceed my health regen rate. Including Diamond Skin and Health Potions if needed. So far I have not run into anything that has a DOT that high, unless I stand in a pool of acid or stand in place during motor fire. DOT is every second, my health regen is every second.

Being mobbed and completely surrounded is death for anyone. Blizzard Spell can freeze a large chunk of the mob while I run away if needed. Diamond Skin also. Sometimes I will take teleport instead of Acid Hydra.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  9. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    So i just Found this out. but if you go into settings under gameplay you can click and enable Elective Mode. Doing this will allow you to setup any ability on any hotkey button. allowing you to use exactly what you want instead of a guidline. they set this up to be disabled so that newer players where not overwhelmed with the feature and could still play the game and not have to worry about all the hot keys

10. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Ah, right you are in nightmare. In Hell and Inferno (where 1 tick of a dot does well over 6k health), you may run into issues, as I don't think the 35% health rule applies to them. The 'first wizzie to topple inferno' was telling about how any little thing (except hits from diablo) would kill him, and it took well over 100 tries to finally dodge all the dots/pools and such.

11. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Anyone know of some good deals for this? Or is it to soon ?

I can't remember the names of the sites that sold just keys and which were trust worthy for that matter.

12. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    At level 59... 75% rank to go...
    *insert training montage here

13. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Never mind just bought it full price.

I'm Skia#1743

14. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    so could somebody buy this game and then buy all the rare items from the auction house and just kill everything?

15. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    the differance between the top rare item and one that you can buy with 10$ could be very small.
    There are no magically twice stronger weapons here.

16. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Nope. Items have a "rank" associated with them that prevents such from ever being possible. To get a killer character, you gotta work for it.

17. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    darn.

18. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    could you elaborate on that? do you just mean level restrictions or... ? I know items have a rank that determines how good they can be - but what does that have to do with buying gear NOT making you a killer character?

19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Join us Rhino. Ill be your Barbarian gimp.

20. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yes this is important. also lets you use multiple "same" skills. for finishing normal i'd play without elective mode to get to know the skills better in an easy fashion

21. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    sorry but $60 is a lot of money for a game i tried in beta and did not enjoy. im probably going with torchlight 2 as it has a lot of the fun of diablo 2 but with updated graphics.

22. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, exactly, all equipment, weapons, armor, and everything else, has a level required to equip it.

Buying stuff out of the auction house has got me as far as I have gotten so far, as gems that boost stats are widely available for what amounts to a really small fee. However, before you can stick a gem into a weapon or whatever, you have to get socketed equipment first, which i think is level 10-15+? not too sure, but it's not right away, that's for sure.

23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    One billion clicks to victory!!! Seriously, I can't believe how leveled up some of you are. Trust funds + Diablo III surely goes a long way.

24. Easy Rhino

Thanks Received:
    i literally LOL'ed

25. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I agree 100%. I had to buy Diablo though, but I am looking forward to TLII. Pre-orderd on Steam.

Thing I dislike about Diablo 3 is total lack of customization. For instance when I level I like to distribute ability points. I don't like the automated approach D3 has. If I'm playing a wizard I wouldn't spend a single point on strength, yet I have to. Also I like the skill tree approach vs just choosing from various skills and assigning a rune to them...

So really in the end the only difference between any of the classes is your gear. Once you play 1 class is there any point in playing them again? No, because you can just respec your skills on a whim.