1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Starcraft 2

That is one thing that confuses me as well, core i7 920@3.7 and a gtx 480@970MHz and still when the map gets filled up a little there is slowdown (45 fps down from over 100fps). 2 cpu cores are 70-90% and gpu is at 50%. No AA since the game doesn't support it which is also crazy, so not sure how they do their optimizations but there is no excuse for a dx9 title to run as hard as SC2.

2. xUndergroundx New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Andrei23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    damn so late

4. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    Well if they do bring it out in 2011 I would be one happy mofo. Just seems like a kick ass co-op game that at ton of my friends would play too.

5. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    wow I cant believe it has its own website lol

6. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
  7. iamthewizard2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Blizzard have already sold out....SC2 is utter proof of that. poor story line. poor character development. poor pacing. not to mention it runs like a slug on a powerful pc even with a moderate army size in MP...where the heck was the optimisation???? now they want diablo 3 to become the new WoW...everything in diablo 3 is less dark, less gritty, and centred around making money for blizzard (i.e the new market system). There was a time i respected Blizzard for being developers who cared more about their fans and the gaming community but now all they seem to care about is how to make a quick buck.

digibucc says thanks.
  8. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I actually enjoyed SC2 and I even bought the collector edition!

Ontopic: I heard mod is not allowed.

9. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah. I used to think it was the color, art style. But it isn't. I put my finger on it the other day, and it is the icon art.

Here me out please. Look at the armor in D3 and D2.
    Armor in D2 was kinda historically accurate. The goldskin armor was based off of this armor (attached). It is Henry the VII personal suit. Look at the Diablo 2 armor in any online item list. It looks real, like it came from medieval times in real human history. The weapons are great too.
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Unique_Body_Armor_(Diablo_II)

Now, take a look at the icon of armor we see in the screenshots from D3. It looks childish. So do the weapons. They are retarded. The WoW design team has changed all that, so there is more stuff that looks childish along with skills/spells that are too showy, and don't necessarily help make the fighting more dynamic or interesting. It's just eye-candy. The spells are moving away from the most martially effective stuff, like raw elemental damage, into stuff that makes a special effect so the WoW players go "oooh! shiny!".
    http://diabloiiikore.webs.com/character%20screen.jpg

So, the swords are all going to be fake fantasy swords that weigh 200 pounds, with fire and spikes and other silly shit that is not right. The armor is going to glow, and have spikes that make wearing a helmet or swinging a sword impossible. The characters are going to look like little cartoon people right out of some anime design studio. And all the kids are going to love it, and buy a supa-dupa special-ultra edition with complementary cast powder-metal Tyrael figurine. Limeted time only, act now! Only $169.99 for the box set!

The design team that did WoW must have made children's games before Blizzard hired them. I desperately hope there is a Diablo 4 in 2025, and they hand the design back over to Blizzard North. Because this shit sucks big-time.

My favorite moment in D2 was when I could get the two handed sword from Charsi in the first act, because it looked like a german longsword.

What I WANT from diablo, is real swordfighting moves from Kunst Des Fechtens or Fiore. Barbarians have some silly jump attack. Why not change it to a real move that does the same thing, like Ledall's Spring? Or a Zornhau from zufechten range? I want oberhau, unterhau, sottani, Krumphau, Zwerchau, Schielhau, Scheitelhau, Mittelhau disarms, throws, locks, and other blossfechten techniques.
    Real guards like Vom Tag, Ochs, Pflug, Alber, Posta di Donna, Breve, Bicorno, Cianghare, Schlussel, Langort, Schrankhut, Coda Lunga, Testa and Porta di Ferro. Brutal, fast, efficient, effective, realistic stuff.:rockout:

No more 1-click 1-swing from the shoulder that may/may not hit based on a outdated defense/attack rating algorithm that fails to account for weak spots in armor and the appropriate skills to hit them with :shadedshu: It isn't 1974 anymore.

The melee combat/fake swordplay shit is boring me to tears.:banghead:

Attached Files:

10. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    shrug, the armor looks almost identical too diablo 2 armor. if anything it looks better. the only armor from d2 that looks "realistic" is the full plate, and I havent seen a picture of that from D3. Not sure how you can be disappointed.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well D2 was not as good as D1 when talking about the feel of the gaame as D1 was more creepy\spooky and dark and then there was stuff like hanging bodys that looked more real and bloody.

So to me i would not be the slightest surprised if it was more cartoony. TBH i think it be marked for people over 16\18 but it will not because of things that were in D1.

Same happened to Quake as after the 1st one the rest pretty much sucked and lost depth.

12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well since this post was bumped, time for some info's! Time to put on your farming suits, the game will have an ingame auction hall, where you can sell items for ingame gold..... or real life money!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy the infos, the beta is rumored to start this month!

aharvey says thanks.
  13. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    source for those pics?

14. Captain.Abrecan

Thanks Received:
    On an unrelated note that armor I posted is friggin gorgeous. I think it is at The Met.

15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thread renamed per OP's request and moved to clubhouse forum.

CrackerJack and digibucc say thanks.
  16. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    add me:)

really looking forward to another unhealthy addiction in the diablo universe :)

17. Scheich

Thanks Received:
    Ingame items for real-money trade auctions. Wow.
    Dont limit yourself to just 30 hours in row, try 100 at the release date
    and get rich, quick :laugh:
    Now thats hardcoremode for everyone :toast:

18. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Diablo 3 Auctions for real money?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

19. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    Yea i feel the same way... :wtf:

20. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Quite sad actually, item farming FTW. They somehow manage to implement the most dreaded "features" in gaming history. It almost like they trolled the entire gaming community. I understand no mods for online gameplay, when you pvp and stuff. But there should be offline gameplay and mod support while offline. And 2 separate characters. Or no mods and normal offline mode.
    The micro transactions is great from the businees approach, i bet it will generate a lot of revenue by harvesting their game supporters (alcolytes) souls (money)

21. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    OP Updated

22. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I think the idea is fine, simply because it will ruin farming companys.

pics from mmo-champ, blue posts from battle.net.

23. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    How so? I feel like they will thrive. Able to farm huge numbers of items and sell them at lower prices then the average player thinks their worth.

I see auctions turning into a joke within the first 6 months of the game..

24. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking... what if i can bot all day without anyone notice...

Would i make a lot of money?

25. Captain.Abrecan

Thanks Received:
    That is a very interesting point. Does Blizzard actively police the auction house in it's other games? That might give some insight into how they intend to manage price manipulation (also supply/demand).

Price-fixing is illegal IRL, so this might allow Blizzard to prosecute the farmers in a way we had never dreamed of. The regulation of this auction house might be very nice, we could find it extremely enjoyable.:pimp: