1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dj-ElectriC

Dj-ElectriC

Thanks Received:
    Has 26,000DPS at inferno, still pathetic and weak. takes so much time to kill simple zombies that im kinda clueless TBH
    I clearly need a partner to pass at least act II so...
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I went to start Diablo and it asked to access my filewall again. Agent.976 from Battle.net. The certificate seemed legit. Does anyone else have this in thier firewall?
  3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When D3 updated recently, Windows asked if I wanted to unblock too.
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I knew it was legit. I just needed to know someone else had the same thing. :toast:
  5. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    So what's your BattleTag, TMM? I still don't have it.

Also, Diablo is officially slapping me around like a little schoolgirl. :laugh:
  6. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Anytime you need help you just have to ask :p
  7. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Was there an update?I thought it was just tool update not ingame content.
  8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    The update fixed some stuff in the game too.

Finally beat Diablo ... off to next level to get my butt kicked.
  9. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Found a legendary item, was the butchers sickle. It's a piece of garbage :p
  10. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Nightmare seems to be harder by a factor of about 100. (100x hp on mobs, etc.)
    I am dying well, though.
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    honestly i think it's cheap that the entirety of the "difficulty" is based on adding zero(s) to the health and damage of your enemy. not interesting mechanics, not new strategies - just a LONGER grind.
  12. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Well each new difficulty gives bosses more abilities. So there is that. There isn't much end game except farming really. Kind of wish they had planned some innovative new endgame in the last 10+ years.
  13. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    That's how all the Diablo's have been.
  14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    true but with a much more steady progression, and the addition of gear checks and enrage timers in d3 have made it much less... enjoyable. not to mention the drops are so.. bland.
  15. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I miss not being able to spam health potions. lol

I don't think the changes are less enjoyable, but make you rethink certain tactics that used to work in D1 & D2 but are useless now.
    digibucc says thanks.
  16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Act I Normal - Proceed through act as usual until the quest where you have to take a ferry to Wortham. Farm that until level 18-20.

Act II Normal - Proceed through act as usual until the quest where you get the Soulstone and confront Kulle. Farm that until level 24-26.

Act III Normal - Haven't found any alternative to Azmodan.

ACT IV Normal - Farm Izkatu, the first purple you'll encounter. You'll probably be 28-30 by then so you can farm the first quest until 34. A "usual" run-through of Normal difficulty will let you reach Diablo at level 32-33.

You can now start Nightmare at probably level 36. Farm the ones I mentioned. Farmed Wortham for 36-38, finished Act I and reached Zulle at level 40, farmed Zulle, finished Act II, and now started Act III at level 46.

Farming Zulle at Nightmare nets 36.4k exp and 1820 gold. I timed myself and the fastest is 1:29, my slowest is 2:01. That sequence would be Start Soulstone quest-start game-waypoint to archives-soulstone chamber-skip cutscene-kill Zulle-get soulstone-skip cutscene-leave soulstone chamber-return to Hidden Camp-talk to Aria.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    digibucc and Cold Storm say thanks.
  17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    and replaced with what? there is no tactic now, either you meet the required gear level, or you don't and you die. that's not tactical or strategic imo, but cheap mmo mechanics.
  18. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    My Monk just started nightmare. He's quite underpowered and I am dying to yellows with a small group of blues around it. To me this means I have to change my tactics from offensive to a defensive "survivability" with mercenary hit-an-run, until I get better gear.

It's kinda like fighting a charging rhino in your underwear and thinking you might win somehow. :D
  19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    For those starting Nightmare, here are the key "farming" points:
    Act I - Wortham (where you have to ride a ferry; you can leave the game and repeat once the priest shows up): ~19k experience
    Act II - Zoltun Kulle (when the Soulstone Chamber has been opened; you'll fight him there): ~37k experience
    Act III - Destroying the siege machines (IFF you can do quick attacks, exclusively a hit-and-run strategy here; I won't really recommend this but it's better than nothing for the act as Azmodan only gives paltry XP now): ~33k experience
    Act IV - Izkatu (right at the beginning of the act): ~25k experience

I'm level 50 right now and I've just killed Izkatu (once). They would still be viable in other difficulties as "farming" points as well. Izkatu is slightly faster than Kulle, but gives less XP. And obviously you'll encounter Kulle earlier. So Kulle's a slightly better choice.
  20. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i kicked ass in nightmare act 1, now in act II i'm doing sufficient damage to one hit kill most enemies, but dying in 2-3 hits from yellows and blues

-.-

time to boost vitality!
  21. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    At the beginning of act iv NM. I'm at L49. That's without farming.
  22. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    That's great. I've Sprinted my way through all of the first three acts, and then I farmed.
  23. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    levels go super fast in act iv. is everyone using rubies in their helmet sockets? my friend plays when I'm not online and gets a level or two ahead of me..then we have a few hour gaming session and I catch back up to him because he uses topaz'
  24. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Well it depends on who you're playing. If you're a melee then you'll find everyone puts amethysts in their helms.
  25. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    when one "strategy" results in kiting mobs @40 mins each for hours on end to get the REQUIRED level of gear to proceed, and every other "strategy" results in dying in one hit, i don't see how there is anything to consider.

requiring me to have a certain level of gear to proceed is arbitrary, as is limiting the amount of time i can fight an enemy. though i can understand that more than a gear check.

instead of making the gameplay difficult, they add zeroes to the health/damage and call it a day. you say d2 did this but imo d2's combat was more strategic to begin with. d3's combat is more fluid and fun but missing depth - again, imo.

i don't want to turn into that guy though, so i will stop bitching on this thread. it's not that i don't like the game at all - it's just that i love the series and wanted to LOVE the game, i just can't.