1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Do these answer you questions (attach)?

I use energy armor to boost my defense and it get's to 3641 (presently) when in use.

Attached Files:

2. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Created a Wizard just this weekend since its the closest class I can create without spending stuff on gears (Have a WD as a main). Ended up level 51 after 20 hours, all I can say is that witch doctors are more viable for fast killing farming (zombie bear spam) than wizards. Problem with WD is that it has a mindset of "kill them first before they kill you" wheras the wizard has more defensive options to mitigate death.
  3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    But you're obviously not melee...:rolleyes:
  4. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Never said i was, did i?
  5. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I am a Wiz and I just defeated King Leoric in Inferno, however I am having problems with some messed up elites, I die alot. If you remove those elites, I could probably finish Inferno all the way,

any tips???

here are my stats
    DPS: 21.6k
    LIFE: 24.4k
    ARMOR: 4126
    Damage Reduction(Armor affects it) = 57.90%
    Damage Resistance(all elements) have an average of 54%
    this is when I have energy armor and force weapon activated, I use it all the time

Most of my items I bought for only 100k and below with the exception of my 830 dps 1h spear which is around 200k. this build is more like an item farmer because it has 100% item discovery bonus.

Can someone get me an item set(all armor, no hands/offhands) not necessarily green, for below 1m?

or recommend me a target DPS, Life, Armor and All Resistance?

EDIT: I just noticed I have Glass Cannon, I removed it and don't die alot now, my DPS decreased to 20k

For people having a hard time with dying alot or being fragile, USE THIS to calculate your Effective Health. so you know what to adjust in your stats and items
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  6. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I would recommend get gear that focuses on INT and VIT - then you'd want that gear to either have Crit > Attack Speed> Movement Speed > Crit Bonus. Depending on your play style, I haven't reached inferno yet so I'm probably not giving you very good recommendations lol but currently despite my lack of vit I'm getting away with just maximizing my DPS, although I do die more when I'm playing with other people as I tend to be the first one to aggro all the time which could be because of the DPS but hey that is what diamond skin and mirror image is for hehe
  7. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    playing a wiz myself
    near done with inferno

you can find lots of fairly decent pieces on the ah
    yes thats right you dont have to spend millions to progress or pray for drops after a days farming

Search
    Armor
    Rare
    Int
    Vit
    any other stats are a bonus
    max buyout 50k

i would highly recommend getting some boots with movement speed if it means sacrificing some int/vit to get in your price range still worth it

if you want a 820 damage staff i still have my old one in bank you can have add me noib#1558
    should increase your damage output ALOT compared to that 370 wep you have now
  8. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My monk's at 53rd, Still in act I Hell. He's got about 2K dps and 22K life and he does okay.
    I have to switch to hit-and-run tactics when I encounter a group of yellows (expecially if they are chained and molten) and pick them off one at a time, but it's doable (just takes longer). My Mystic Ally comes in handy too.
    I like the challenge a lot more than nightmare.

BTW : Anyone find the random dungeon pop called "Developer Hell"? Pretty funny.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    You HAVE to switch to hit and run with those kind of mobs. That's what us melee classes get LOL.

RE: Developer Hell, nope never encountered it. I always end up with the right crypt at the first one I go in to. :laugh:
  10. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:

Thanks, Int Vit Stacking only is enough for inferno??? What about Resistance? and Armor? If you look above posts there are my stats, help me improve on the defensive side

EDIT: to bbmarley Can i have that staff?
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I moved through hell without ever going for resistance on my Barb (and I played a 4 player game most of the time and was a 2 handed tank).
  12. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Just beat Diablo in Hell mode, no to farm for Inferno gear for my monk... He cant take a hit worth shit atm
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    the staff is 2h, your 830dps 1hand spear is prob a bunch better combined with source or shield
    int vit is working ok for me
    you should use archon and will kill packs of rares with more ease

edit here is pic of my stats

Attached Files:

14. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    I used to use archon allot but i don't use it anymore: found the mirror image to be more effective and use electrocute to kill everything, with 5 or 6 arcane orbs in rapid succession here and there. This works because of the increased attack speed (check attach, with the weapon on). I don't die as often but i still die allot :eek:

Meanwhile, i got me a 536 DPS one handed wand (attach) but it has no INT: the boost from the previous one is just over 3K DPS but @ a cost of resistances and i think that's why i keep dying @ Beliel. @ least, i give him much more dmg then in nightmare, which means my tactics are almost there, i think.

Thank you for the offer, btw.

Attached Files:

15. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I was leveling my monk I used dual wield with weapons with bonus attack speed and a socket with at least 100 LoH, I didnt care what the other affixes were, I put 2 105 LoH gems in them. I used Fists of thunder /quickness (16%dodge buff) the 15% dodge passive when dual wielding, crippling wave/concussion (20% dmg reduction) Resolve (25% dmg reduction) and trancendence (healed for spirit spent) for skills I used serenity(healing rune) holylight or w.e withthe spirit regeneration rune, air ally, and mantra of healing with the extra hp/s rune, just run through fists of thrunder on third attack do crippling wave, and switch them, you can stack the runes, its very easy, when you are surrounded by more than 6 mobs, I would justspam crippling wave bc of the amazing healing it did, give it a shot, thats the same build I used from lvl 34-60 and also all the way through act 1 and half of act 2

this gave my guy around 57% dodge and a ton of healing crippling wave would often heal mee for 3500 or more plus the 700 hp/s i had from 2 pieces of ger plus healing mantra it was a cake walk)

Life on hit in big numbers, and attack speed in big numbers is the way for melee to survive in dps mode in inferno, when it comes to your molten chains guys, back your self into a corner they cant get on either side on you, then you are good to go
  16. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Life on Hit is the big stat for Monks, it's followed closely by AS. I have been farming Act 1 Inferno and actually switched from CW+Concussion with Resolve to FoT+Thunder Clap with Resolve. The damage reductions stack multiplicatively, so it's more like a total 30% DR, which isn't a huge difference over 25%, and FoT with TC has much better mobility, Spirit Ganeration, and DPS.
  17. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    i think you should upgrade your weapon as it gives 90% of your dmg pretty much
    look for int on other pieces
  18. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Does anybody have a guest pass? after looking around I think this game will fit into my style.

Also has anybody tried the Demon Hunter? I always like Hunter/Range
  19. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    I thought the staff is 1h, anyways, After 1 hour of lurking around AH I finally got my build, Got my perfect balance of Health, DPS and Defense. I also removed Glass Cannon I don't need that extra DPS anymore

here is the screenshot

Diablo 3-stats2zoom.jpg
  20. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow. That's pretty involved. I just pick the skills that look the coolest when I'm playing.
    I just never get tired of watching flaming, spinning kicks with knockback.
    DannibusX says thanks.
  21. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    picked up a good set of boots from farming the Old Ruins Cellar in Inferno mode. many thanks to Diablo Fans for the farming spots :D

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Man... I feel like TMM right now and just having jaw dropping effects everytime I look in here.. my lvl15 DH is a baby... :cry:
  23. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    You should at least try my way of having fun :p you will like how much you can tank. btw for lvl 53, you should beable to find 2 weapons on the ah of my description for less than 25k each
  24. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:

you can get a 1handed weapon for cheap.. I got mine for 120k, doing 740DPS' max damage on weapon is 750, Poison damage + Intel + vit.

Doing not soo bad rightnow, 23k.

Using:

Energy armor + 40% res or + 20 arcane power, but 40% + res is very useful
    Magic weapon for damage
    Diamond skin + the rune that absorb more
    Venom Hydra
    Blizzard
    shock pulse piercing orb

Passive are + 20 arcane, max duration armor + 300 life per second and Glass canon. I could use cold one for 20% damage.

Just killed skeleton king alone on Inferno mode. The problem also is for some Champion, fast or molten/motar, whe nthey throw fire. On the rest, their life just go very fast.

24k life, but might get higher, maybe remove glass canon when soloing, and go more def. This is something to look, if you play alone, try being more resistant with very good damage, when coop, wit ha tank, easier, you go full damage.. Well, that's how I see it :)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    no movement % on them? send to the salvage pile!