1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Maintenance in 10mins, they might patch the AFK farming method

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a 55th monk, 23rd monk, 8th barb, 7th wiz, 3rd WD and a 1st barb.
    I almost always play my main. Alts are for grouping with other people not as high level, the occasional gold gathering or when I just want a break from hell level so I can feel heroic again and not just like a punching bag. :D

3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    When I farm with my 60 barb in Nightmare, I do so when my friends who are of lower level are playing. I help them progress. Well, except for that girl where I just lure all the monsters to her and let them kill her. Then I kill the monsters. Sometimes, when relatively near a checkpoint, I lure the monsters to her, let her die, do it again, until she can finally kill them off. :laugh:

4. zargana

Thanks Received:
    lol

5. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUU the maintenance dced me so my overnight farm was useless

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Best news ever (for those who use the AH)

7. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I guess that's one way for Blizzard to fix afk farming. :laugh:

@Entropy : Why does having the ability to sell damaged/broken items change anything?
    Since they are auto-repaired upon purchase I don't see prices going down or anything.

8. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    You got a point there. I think the source of the issue is control. Not for Blizzard, but for us.

You see, in WoW auctions were easily changed by sellers eager to undercut the competition, allowing the value of items to drop considerably if they turn out more common or convenient overtime. In Diablo, however, auctions are on a timer of 5min to be changed instead of all the time, leaving no opportunity to react if there's an undercut. This leaves the prices stiff or frozen, allowing it's value to retain longer overtime. Get that over the number of eager gold farmers involved in bidding wars and you got higher price encouragements.

I sold bracers for a whopping 600k bid, expecting just 100k to pay off a friend for an amulet I got last week. Too many people are starving of items I tell ya.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  9. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I can understand how not being able to change prices on auctions constantly can affect pricing, but how does damaged/broken make any difference?
    Only thing I can see is that it saves you the gold/time to repair it, which is pretty negligable compared to the AH pricing.

10. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    That is right, but repairs for AH items to be sold might play a role in the increasing traffic that "37" the community all day because players realize the condition of their items and have to connect to another server just to fix an item. This new patch rule can solve a part of Error 37 as a result.

11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It just saves you the gold/time to repair it, and I don't think that's a "negligable" (sic) effect.

12. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Thank god I was online when the server announce the maintenance. I picked all the gold up :D

13. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Problem is that you won't use the gold until Blizzard finishes their one day late maintenance.

14. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Because it would save you time into starting a game, sending the item into your inventory, repairing them. saves you time and gold, and server load at blizzards end.

15. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Well even If they fixed it up, the gold is already mine, I don't think they can track the gold that I earned from that farming and remove it from me lol

16. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Until they fix Royal Crypts I can agree. :toast:

17. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Is royal crypts really that big of a gold farm? Some guy paid me 500k to open a game for him down there. the sad thing is, he had better gear than I did.

18. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I work for Blizzard part-time hunting down afk farmers. Your gold is history. :roll:

Thanks for the input on the AH guys. I don't use it and it's interesting to hear your input on it. I wonder how many players don't use the AH at all?

19. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Me might be planning on farming nonstop for days so he paid you 500k, and Its not big of a gold farm, but you could get item drops that would sell for around 1M in the AH. He wouldn't pay 500k if he weren't that confident he could get it back and earn

What AFK Farming??? :laugh:

20. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Meh, don't care where you work. Blizzard to me is just another company that enjoys hobbies such as Cash Showering and Ferrari Bumper Cars.

To tell you the truth, I would rather have Blizzard track down every exploit and close it down, to make the game fair and worth the time to farm. People exploit because others do, forcing them to do it as well, and so does the AH.

21. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, prices on everything has gone way up even though there are more people farming the items now, and thus more items to sell. I'm probably the only one in existence that sells items for 15-50k lol

22. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
  23. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    post here the pics of what you're selling, Auction limit is 10 items so you could use an extra gold income here lol! :toast:

24. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    While I like your enthusiasm, please don't turn the clubhouse into an extension of the AH.
    It's for discussing the game, not advertising items.

25. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    "We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game. Our design goal is for players who prefer to play solo to be able to play solo, and players who prefer to play in groups to be able to play in a group. "

I don't like this change. I think It is better to have a settings control where you could vote with your party whether you would like to harden up the monsters a bit based on party or not.

"We’re currently evaluating repair costs between 4x and 6x their current values" OMG lol

"Flawless Square
    3 Square + 20,000 gold + 2 Tomes = 2 square + 100 gold + 2 Tomes"

I feel sorry for those people who spent alot of gold crafting these gems

"Inferno balance right now has a difficulty gap in which Act I feels about right, but Act II feels like trying to bust through a brick wall. In patch 1.0.3 we’re going to be lowering that wall by adjusting the damage and health of monsters in Inferno Act II, III and IV. "

In short a more easy Inferno