1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    That could be the case if i were using her but i'm using the scoundrel, atm.

Still, didn't know she could do that.

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, through a bit of trial and error I think I found out the best use of the Templar.
    I set him up to heal me and be support, but he really sucks at that a higher levels.
    I tried just using him as a human sacrifice along with my ally and "I" support him then run away and the two of them perform a lot better.

So basically
    Meet nasty mobs.
    Let Templar charge in and take a beating.
    Cast ally and let him take a beating.
    Run around and when I pass them, heal them and only try to pull a single mob to fight.

Not exactly a noble tactic but it seems to work a little better. lol

3. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    See? Told you!

I was having trouble when using the archon because 15 seconds is too short when you only have 3 blues / yellow and i kept dying: for bosses like Belial, it was far worse. When i tried mirror image, even though it only last 7 seconds, it gives time for the diamond skin and force wave to cooldown and it ends up working far better.

I took hell Belial out using electrocute, diamond skin and mirror image: took about 15 tries, give or take because i was messing up with the diamond skin timing regarding them poison explosions. In nightmare, it took me around 140 tries, using archon instead or mirror image: see the difference?

4. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    All you need is hydra force armor, diamond skin. Belial was the easiest boss in the game for me. My biggest problems are tight dungeons, no room to run away.

5. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it does work but it's not as much fun tossing your support to the wolves and running around avoiding the fight. But I guess whatever works is the order of the day. :)

Actually, it was more fun when Magibeg joined me and stomped the crap out of stuff. At least it was a fight, not a route. lol

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Level 57 Barbarian here, gears are getting nastily expensive but currently having a level 60 Wizard friend to farm me fat.

I am trying to build a bloodthirst wind shear whirlwind. Leap in, stomp to pull them in and then spin away! Also helps if I have Earthquake with Giant's stride for extra healing against tougher mobs.

7. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Anytime, anyplace. I can stomp the crap out of stuff until about act 2 inferno. Then by act 3 the stomping is reversed :(

8. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    lol i use my templar the same way
    he has near 80k hp and does ok vs normal mobs but elites fuck his shit up
    1 time i was running away and he did that like knock all mobs one landed on me then had a party on my face

9. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    hey man whats your gear and stats at. i just got a 60 monk the other day i have like 600resist all 64% armor damage reduction and like 36k life if that in Act 1 i cant take a beating from anything and laugh in its face. get to act 2 tried a few different approaches and in the end still get pushed into an early grave. whats your secrets

10. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Hit level 58 on my Witch Doctor earlier today. I'm still loving the game, on Act III Hell.

11. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I finished normal :p

AlienIsGOD and DannibusX say thanks.
  12. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Congratulations! :toast:

Time for Nightmare!

13. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    hmm interesting, didn't know that.. thanks :toast:

do you know what the others give you?

14. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    @ razaron: how do you know this?

@ CrackerJack: would like to know this as well.

15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Problem with Diamond Skin is it doesn't scale with anything (except Level). It's pretty good when you hit 60 still, but as your progress through Inferno, things will start 1 shotting you even with it on. Thats why I stopped using it, figured I'd break myself early before I fell in love with it. (though the one great use for Diamond Skin is Reflect Damage Champs)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  16. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    hmmm, I am using it in Inferno and It seems fine. I am using it with force armor.

and it does scale relative to your defense. the better your def the more hits it will absorb.

Remember Wizards are ranged and wasn't design for taking alot of damage at all.

Diamond Skin functions as a Oh Shit! Button where sometimes you get sucked in to the vortex, get jailed or sudden teleport of a one hit enemy.

My Health atm is 28k and effective hp is 220k(because of damage reduction, affected by armors and resistances) use this to compute your effective HP

Diamond Skin can have a max 20k hp capacity. thats additional 71% of my health

With Diamond Skin On, I have 376.2k Total Effective Health until I finally die, Not counting the regen and the health globes you pickup while killing mobs.

This is why resistances and armors are very important. 30k Life with lots of resistance and armor is still alot stronger than 100k Life with Low resistance/armor

17. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    Look what a nasty spider elite just dropped me when I was 5x valor'ed :~)

[​IMG]

This is only my 2nd legendary drop btw, with ~100 hours of gameplay thus far.

/edit

Put it up on the AH :~)

[​IMG]

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Which Defense does it scale with? I just hear people who are in Act 3 Inferno saying it's basically useless.

*EDIT*
    Removing Actual Armor and Resist All and I see 0 change in the tooltip for Diamond skin, doesn't seem like it scales with anything unless the tooltip isn't showing everything.

19. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I hear you on the one hitters even with diamond skin on. If I'm mf'ing the Fields of Misery in Act 1 Inferno the savage beast one hits me even with diamond skin on if I'm not paying attention enough when getting mobbed.

And burrowing leapers... I hate them so much. If I encounter them as elites I kite. I can barely get them when outside, if I see them inside somewhere I run and hope they won't catch up. The invulnerable minions on many elites are easier than elite burrowing leapers... bastards they are :banghead:

I'm on an MF roll this morning.

[​IMG]

/edit

Found out its worth about 800k - 1 mil gold. Got it on the AH now. Back to more mf'ing and inferno questing :~)

20. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Funny you mention Savage Beasts, I was fighting a elite in Act 1 Inf and all of a sudden a Elite Beast named Mange just leaps at me and kills me. I ended up going back and killing both at once (Mange didn't have much life, but simply because I ran into him while kiting, I just got owned).

21. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    i have only found 2 legendary / 1 set (green) item with close to 200 hours played on my wiz

the legendary was crap so i blacksmithed them and only got 250k for set item :/

i just have awful luck with finding good stuff

22. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I think most legendary are crap anyways. How are they so legendary when there are magic and rares that are the same if not better that drop so often ?

I really hope they do something about the itemization, because it sucks in my opinion.

Plus, its so much more gratifying finding your gear rather than cherry picking it off the AH with gold. They need to up the drop rates on legendaries and actually make them "legendary"

And WTF happened to runes and rune words? Such an awesome way to create items back in Diablo 2. Come on Blizzard, you had lots of time with D3 :mad:

23. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    yup the itemization is pretty crap its so dam random

done a bunch of siegebreaker runs the other day got nothing worth anything cept a headache because a friend was linking me like 1300dmg 2h sword / 900 dmg 1hand crossbow + other baller random stuff from him worth millions

prob going to do azmodan runs over the weekend hope i have better luck there

edit
    they are doing some patch to make legendary items better some time in the future

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    What really needs to be done is streamlining Random gear. I love finding gear that I can use, but odds are it's going to be like STR/INT, if it would have been VIT/INT it would have been amazing. Also make it so it's a lower chance for gear to come without main stats, really sucks to find items like, health globe range increase, gold find, crit chance, fire resist, thats just a useless item. They could still have chance for those items to drop, but lower it and make armor that isn't so random a greater chance, even if it isn't for your class at least someone can use it.

25. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I do understand that one of Blizzard's goals in making the legendary gear not "legendary" is that they didn't want specific items being the best / end all gear for a specific class. Its supposedly this way by design so that builds can be more diverse and not have a linear path to being overpowered. It allows for powerful builds that aren't all using the same gear, which will be interesting when PvP launches.

I do enjoy the rares having chances of being uber leet, but there is a lot of crap attributes that get tacked onto rares. I agree in that it is really aggravating to have a rare roll 2 out of 4 stats worthwhile, with the others being junk.

/edit

Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the items on the AH were added by Blizzard?