1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    no idea :eek:

but it looks like sweet gear, how much did it cost you?

2. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Yea but apparently you didn't finish it for him, shesh. So I beat the rest of act 2 hell for him, then act 3, then act 4 and killed diablo.

Now he gets to enjoy the joys of inferno.

3. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    As I said, Act II sooooo long lmao

4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    It was 2:30am when I left him.

5. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty sure I overpaid for the rare staff I just got that does 1086 dps, +288 vita, and +189 intel. I gave 1.8 mil for it, sorta impulse when I saw it in the AH :slap:

I tend to get carried away when I see stuff that has 1d 12Hr (36 hours) left on it as it was just put on there and I think if I don't get it right away it will be gone fast. This is how the purchase went on the staff, I got it right as soon as it was added, lol.

All my other items were purchased for under 700k gold. Also, some of them I found.

I've said this once but I'll say it again... It's much more gratifying finding your gear than cherry picking it off of the AH.

6. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    idk, I love cherry picking, had a cherry tree on my lawn when I was a kid... :laugh:

idk, to me it seems like a good deal, my cousin is looking at 1k~1.1K WANDS at 10m lol

7. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I guess you're just a 24 hour a day quitter ;)

It's ok though, you can carry him through inferno act 3 and 4 then :p

8. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I put in 16 hours within the last 2 days (only farming Act 1 though) and only made about 1.5 mil. I need to work on a MF set though. And I thought you were talking about the higher up Stars, either way, condensing to a Star is expensive as hell.

And I'm sure it's possible to attain said gear in that amount of time, but some people might consider it a problem if your comparing game time to a shift you go to work, sounds like another job rather than a break from real life :p

That looks similar to what I've had previously. It's good for resource building, but when you kite you won't need to build as much as the time you run you regen. Mirror Image is nice, but they don't do a ton of damage, I think Teleport with Fracture ends up being a better kite tool (and an oh shit tool) and still gets you some clones. Wave of Force is nice, but I don't even want to be close enough to enemies to use that, I'd swap that for Venom Hydra (that thing is insane DPS). And I'm still not fond of Diamon Skin, but it def isn't bad, though adding Teleport will give oyu greater mobility so you probably won't need it as much.

No argument that adding Armor reduces the damage you take, thats exactly how Armor is suppose to work (I was correct when I said it before, Diamond Armor doesn't scale with anything but level, stacking Int or anything else doesn't increase it's own absorb effects). But I don't think people are making it to Act III Inf by stacking Vit, I walked into Inf on my Barb with almost no resist at 43.5k hp and got rofflestomped. I dropped to 27k hp and picked up res and did great, and Act I isn't that hard. Progressing through Act II even as ranged without some Res or Armor is just going to be doubtful.

Looks like you got some nice stats, have you tried Act II though, your Resistance seem low, I personally would drop HP for Resist a bit.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    HTC says thanks.
  9. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I just started Act 2 Inferno earlier and its really rough, actually dying to some mobs. I've had to kite some of the elites otherwise I end up dying 3-4 times before taking them out. I'm not that far in Act 2, just made it to "Road to Alcernus" checkpoint, kiting quite a few to get to it.

I also got robbed on 2 treasure goblins earlier, pissed me off so bad. I knocked one away from a portal and it was so close to popping and then poof, it was gone. The portal was gone but the goblin got away... the little laughing bastard. Its so much easier to get goblins inside somewhere because you can corner them and not worry about running into other mobs when they dart away. I swear they're programmed into running you into mobs :~(

10. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
  11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    S**t just got real

[​IMG]

12. zargana

Thanks Received:
    Nice catch entropy.

1 izual is hard enough... What happened next?

13. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to thank;
    - Entropy for assisting me in Act II hell, and
    - Magibeg for basically dragging my corpse through the rest of Act II, Acts III and IV, "gifting" me a few very nice items, and then dumping me in inferno with a "Good Luck". :D
    My favorite quote from Magi ... "Man, you're hard to keep alive". lol

I played a bit in Act I inferno last night and oddly didn't die once, even to the first "yellow" I encountered in a cellar group. I have to give that credit to Magi too, for tripling my dps and quadruling my resists with the weapon and shield he so kindly bestowed upon me, and also to my basic paranoia when meeting things now.

magibeg says thanks.
  14. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Act 1 Inferno, getting my ass pwned.

My equips are still largely of the "look what I found on the ground" variety, and I can't be bothered to farm and gear up lol.

30K hp, 7k armour and 7k attack or thereabouts, questionable amount of resistance.

15. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    What class are you playing? If you're Melee you want 400 resist across the board at least. Your armor seems really high which is good, but your damage also seems kinda low. I'd shoot for 25k HP, 6k+ Armor, 10-15k damage and try to get up to like 500 resist all.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  16. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Barbarian. Before gearing up for criticals for the whirlwind barbarian I was touching 33k hp and more than 8k armour. DPS is the main issue right now, I need to spend craploads just to eke out that extra dps, or completely revamp my gear. Not going to spend much more time on this barbarian anymore though, unless friends wants a tank. Getting the usual SS+HoC+SoE route easily costs 5mil, and I am very keen on trying the critical lifesteal build, which should (in theory) allow me to have more or less the same tankiness and much more dps until inferno act 3, where I will get one shotted again lol

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  17. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    it seems you are being carried by our fine TPU members :p

I'm considering 2 builds right now... a mostly Arcane build, and a mostly cold damage build. I also wanna try magic missile with the arcane regen thing + the passive that give 4 arcane per times you do damage with a primary

For now imana try a more defensive build (I'm lvl 40) than the all out dps I used to do ajd see if its more enjoyable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZcXROS!bXf!baabaZ

I'm still not sure if I should take arcane orb or disintegrate, and for the passive I'm hesitating between the 15% cooldown for diamond skin or blur or glass canon

else ill just go back to my all dps no defensive spell kind of mentality and die when I don't pay enough attention :p

18. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Indeed !! lol
    I did normal myself and most of nightmare, but it was taking me forever in hell level to get anywhere and the farther I got the worse it got. When a single boss has over 2 milion HP and your doing under 3K damage you don't have much of a chance.

Then along comes Magibeg and we worked out a good routine.
    We both charge in, he beats everything to death and then he resurrects me. :D

Now I want to play inferno alone for awhile to get a handle on what I can and can't do, since it's much more difficult even in Act I.
    Getting to the Cathedral wasn't bad, but now that I'm in there it's already rough going. The Monk range kick helps a fair amount, but the stupid immune mobs clean my clock.
    Not getting diddly for loot (items) either atm.

19. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    If I'm able to find a guest pass and download D3 and I end up buying the game will I need to re-download the whole game or does it just unlock?

20. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    just unlock :D

Delta6326 says thanks.
  21. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Good, lol I've had to re download before and my internet suck DL speed is usually around 70-110kbs

Now to find someone with a Guest Pass been looking for about 8 days:banghead:

22. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    30 days after diablo 3 is released, that would be next week. the guest pass/starter edition will be available to all.

23. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    What is the average gold needed to spend in AH, full gear, all items, in order to handle inferno act 2, 3 and 4?? for Wiz

24. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    So.. who's playing on the EU servers and is in my timezone? (UTC+8) :}

25. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    didnt i send you one?