1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't buy from the AH (I do brouse it to laugh at the prices), but for a well equipped character to run all the way through inferno, and depending upon the deals you find, you would be looking at somewhere between 10 and 50 million gold. It seems good items will cost you between 1 and 5 million each. Exceptionally good items can run in the 10s of millions each.

I saw one item that had a buyout price of 800 million gold. lol

2. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I can do act 1 2 3, until that Arreat Crater, Im getting pwned in there by elites. Once I get at least three of the following: Desecrator, Jailer, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted and Freeze Im dead.

anyway some buyout prices on AH are overpriced,

I have a trick to share: to have a better chance of finding cheaper items, type in the search buyout price "99999999" then sort it from low to high.

that should remove all bid items and you should come up with the cheapest item available. start from there until you get the item you need. sometimes I would find a super cheap but really good item that I don't need, and I would still buy it. Double the price and Sell it again :laugh:

guess I need to farm act 1 again and again until I get millions of gold :banghead:

3. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Never got a message. Just checked.

Think it has to do with the No Emails?:banghead:

4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    AH is for everyone, every budget

5. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Every Budget? Dude, if everyone who buys from the AH buys a share a day from the stock market they could boom the economy! :laugh:

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It all matters on what your shopping and for what class. If you want the best of the best, be prepared to pay the prices. I have spent between 300 - 500k on numerous pieces of my gear, and thats stuff that should be good enough to push me right into Act IV. The few great Legendaries there are is where prices go insane. I bought most of the Rares I need now for my wizard for the prices I talked about, now we'll see how far I can make it, if I need those Legendaries, I'll get them eventually, but it will be funded by the gear I've also sold on the AH, so it pays for itself, don't have anything else to spend the money on.

7. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Yea but you're lucky to not be melee. Currently it'll probably cost you around a million per item to get to act 4 inferno as melee. Probably more than that.

8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    More than that to even get past Act 3 lol, unless you get super lucky and find a few pieces on the floor.

9. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Does anybody have a direct link to the US download so I can start to download it now. It's going to take at least 48hours for me.

10. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Yea i was being optimistic. Each piece on me costs between 1-2 million. Some more some less.

11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you are building a non dps barbarian (focussing solely on tankiness and survivablility) you can get away with 1 mil, but that means you will need friends to do the dps for you while you aggro everything else. Took me 2 days to go from level 30 (end of normal) to level 60 with a wizard friend about 10 levels higher than me at the start of our little adventure, and now that we are both level 60 we can easily farm out a few million a day (but Dota 2 happened)

12. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Scumbag Blizzard:
    Makes Diablo 3 a farming game...nerfs farming spots

Forces you to progress through the game instead of repeating a certain spot...makes mobs plus elites and champions much, much, much, much, much harder than bosses

13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i'll try and send it now

Delta6326 says thanks.
  14. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Awesome THANK YOU! You have ended my madness. its now been like 9 or 10 days of asking people for a pass.

My Battletag should be: Delta6326#1894

Perfect timing I'm going on vacation for 2 days should be done DL'ing by the time I'm back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    You forget, I leveled a Barb to 60, made it into Inferno and cleared Act 1. Then realized it was BS and re-rolled a Wizard to 60 and made it half way through Act 2 just a few days after hitting 60. I had no real issue clearing Act 1 on the Barb, but I realized to progress as that class into Act 2 and beyond I would be forced to play that class in a manner which I didn't find entertaining, and since I play games for fun, the Barb got put on hold.

16. Csokis

Csokis

Thanks Received:
    digibucc, HalfAHertz and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  17. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Managed to kill the butcher on my 1st try @ inferno: didn't manage that on any other difficulty, heh!

On act 2, 2 things: either i get hit 2 times and i'm dead or i'm hit once and i'm dead. Tried a shield instead of a source to see if armor and / or res was the problem and, even though i have 7000 armor and 580+ res (with storm armor), the same thing happens.

The fact that my ping is always over 200 doesn't help :(

18. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I have a tough time with my wiz, the little fast guys always seem to gang up on me. Just recently started to try mirror image + teleport though, so maybe that will help. It just seems like wizzies die a whole lot more than barbs atm.

19. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, Delta. When you get it downloaded and working double check your tag to make sure it's right and I'll add you to my list of friends so we can get together and die horribly together when you get up in levels. :laugh:

I'd have been happy to give you a guest pass but I didn't get any when I bought it online. :ohwell:

Delta6326 says thanks.
  20. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I can't wait. Though sadly Guest Pass people can not play with normal people.

Lol I haven't left yet for vacation and its already at 44%:rockout: I have slow internetz.

21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Those can be pains, just got to find a good kite path. I don't think I could remove any button I got for Mirror Image, but 12% movement Speed + Teleport (Fracture) has been enough for me to kite just about anything even in Act II, just sometimes I need to find a good landmark to kite around.

As a Wizz I feel I could solo Act I naked (except for a pair of boots with 12% movement speed) as long as things didn't reflect damage or have an enrage timer.

22. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    shit, even in nightmare i run around in circles and let my venom hydra do all the work.

hell and inferno are gunna make me sad.

23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I would ditch the Storm Armor, having a strategy of enemies actually hitting you in Act 2 + is just going to be death. Swap to Energy Armor (Force Armor).

The first time I killed the Butcher on Inferno I had such low HP that I had to keep him visibly off my screen. I just set down my Hydra and hid. The Butcher ended up getting a hold of me at the end yanking me in and 1 shotting me. Then my Hydra's poison pools killed him, lol. And I got the Achieve for killing him faster than 2 min while on Inferno. Which made me laugh as I literally cast no damaging spells, the Hydra alone basically got that achieve, which is insane, that thing is just crazy good.

A lot of people just run Blizz/VH, but I just can't that build is too boring, running Heat Seeking Magic Missiles and Tap the source Arcane Orbs (along with Temporal Flux for the slow) is just a much more entertaining build with extra burst potential.

24. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    If I had to keep a boss visibly off my screen, that means no one will die. Not me, not the boss.

25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    How do you survive without force armor? I'm wondering if I should start building defensive on my wiz, and take off glass canon. he's just far too squishy (though I know the point is to not get hit, that's not really possible)