1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    @Entropy : Your GF gave you her paypal account details? She obviously doesn't know you all that well. :roll:

On a side note, I've sold about 30K worth of stuff on the AH so far. I don't ask a lot for things, only about 10x what the vendor would give me.

The couple of upgrades I got from the AH have helped ! I now can last about 5 minutes longer in act1 inferno.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Even then, you should always go for slower AS on your weapon (but obviously go for similar damage) I'd rather have a 1000 dps weapon with 1.1 or 1.2 AS, than a 1070dps weapon with 1.6-1.7 AS (meaning base damage is actually much lower)

health on hit is nice and all, but for inferno it won't make enough of a difference to not be 1 hit by the next attack
  3. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    You should sell more on the AH, also if you have a really good item, post it first at the trade channel, in that way you could earn full gold not having 15% deduction. I've already sold Millions in both trade channel and AH combined.

And the trade channel is also good if you can ignore all those gold spammers, sometimes people would post really good items for cheap not knowing its true value. then resell them immediately on the AH =))

Also I see that your a monk, I found someone who said he cleared act 1 with 20k hp. don't really know if its true or not, I haven't leveled my monk yet.
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    lol you haven't translated it to English.
    lyndonguitar says thanks.
  5. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    If trying to make other people avoid mistakes you have made is smacking them down, then i'm guilty as charged.
    Then keep the amulet for a MF build: it seems well rounded with stats.

It's much easier to swap DPS for MF builds now. Last time i checked, i had ~15K DPS with my MF build and ~22K DPS with my DPS build: haven't used it in a while, though.
  6. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:

WTF lol :roll: first time something like that happened to me, maybe because of this damn flu! :banghead:

there I fixed it :laugh:
  7. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    No, HTC, that's not what I meant.
    I mean if someone posts up something they bought it's a lot better to say something like "Nice item, but look for more X when you get the next one" instead of just saying "Thats' not so great".

I also was not targetting anyone's post in particular, I just notice it a lot on TPU in all the sections. When someone gets a new processor people will immediately jump in and say "You should have got X instead".

I guess when life beats the shit out of you, ya get a little enjoyment out of seeing someone else thrilled about something. It was just a suggestion, don't mind my ramblings. :) When you get to my age you're half senile anyway. lol

Anyway .... I'ts quite possible someone cleared Act1 (inferno) with 20K HP, but he probably had better tactics than "Charge, run away, die" :laugh:
    HTC and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  8. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you gear yourself up properly you can survive quite easily in Act 1, but it will involve lots of come out, cast spell, round around screaming like a girl, rinse and repeat. Professional wannabes call that strategy kiting and "preventing things from hitting you", but for all intents and purposes they are the same.
  9. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    i made it past Act 1 in CO-OP with 21K HP on my monk.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I agree with the As situation on weapons simply because the As DPS boost on weapons isn't there. So I preffer a harder hitting weapon and building As elsewhere.

But the guy you responded to is playing a Wizzard, they don't plan on getting hit, as a Wizz one of my greatest weaknesses is Reflects Damage, so if what he's saying about Life on Hit actually works, then it's awesome, and will make a massive difference. when I play with Ufgy on my Wizz, sometimes reflect damage mobs I'll dps them then Pot, then DPS to near death, then move away go back to town receive a blessing, go back DPS, Pot, DPS, go back to town. It gets annoying and just feels broken having to use the town healer between potion CD's simply because mobs reflect so much damage.
  11. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I'm a monk. There are no "spells". Just screaming like a girlie. rofl

Sure, I beat Act4 hell level in co-op (Thank you Magibeg). Now I die horribly in the first fight in hell level when alone.

Lately I've been concentrating on making gems and buying stuff for the people I regularly group with so they get up to my level and can save my ass in inferno.

I really like running with Magibeg. It's like saying, "You think your tough? Well meet my brother." Then I run away, die, and wait for him to res me. :roll:
  12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    One of the problems with Inferno is, the more people you add to the game the harder it gets. Especially if your melee, you really need to be able to stand in there and tank for the long haul since things gain so much life. So if you're having trouble staying vertical in single player, it will probably be harder adding more people.
  13. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I agree completely, Kurg, but it's a lot more fun when you aren't dying alone.
    I may be the only person on the planet that finds total party wipes hysterically funny. :D
  14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Funniest moment I had in Inferno so far is when my friend died on his Barb (Ufgy was tanking on his Monk), I managed to get over there and revive him, he had mentioned he needed to repair. Well guess his last death was the straw that broke the camels back. Because he revives and just leaps in, then I see a naked Barbarian corpse fly right back out over my head. Then he realize all of his gear had been broken, lol.
    ufgy20 and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  15. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    See, Kurg, that what you will remember about the game. Not just what items you got.
    We regularly try to lead each other into things that damage (like the poison pods in Act2) so we can say "Got you!" lol
    I regularly run off and pull tons of mobs to the party and say "whoops incoming". Great fun.
    We usually survive for the most part.
  16. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    I should get you to act 3 inferno :D That's when the retardation really starts for melee.
  17. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I was playing with Magi and his friend Meta in inferno.
    It was great. A Barb, a Wiz and a corpse. :roll:
    cadaveca says thanks.
  18. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I guess... Does that damage per hit work with hydras?
  19. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Reflect works on any type of damage yeah. I can hydra a reflecting enemy and just sit back and watch my health plummet. Especially if it is a blue pack with minions that also have reflect. And GOD FORBID I pop Archon on a reflecting mob pack...AOE Hitting for 50k every 1/2 second drops me quicker than forgetting to use Force Armor.

Anyway, the moral of the story is: find items with life on hit if you want to survive in Inferno, no matter what class you are.
  20. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if Pet damage can support your Life on Hit.
    My allies i summon as a monk dont seem to effect my life on hit if they did that means im getting double hits in for life and my life should never drop lol.

and another great moment of that night was after we cleared a couple of packs we were just chilling in the sewers in act 2, when suddenly a giant pack of adds and a Named pop out instantly dropping me folding the Barb and Kurgan falls swiftly after. i can die in act 2 but now that i have purchased some gear and found some unique abilities i have a really good survival chance.. maybe farm it a bit more and i will have the money to buy my pass into act 3 :banghead:
  21. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    AH is down again. One of these days they'll get it right. lol
  22. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    And I was about to get the gold because something I was trying to sell was finally sold! And then "The Auction House is currently unavailable." :mad:
  23. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I read they are banning anyone named entropy. :p

Ran around with Lyndon and buddies in hell level. Great fun. Loot was crap.
  24. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Good thing I'm not using entropy for my Battletag, or my characters. :laugh:
  25. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I hope they do something with the loot drops. Even without buying stuff from the AH the loot has been crap lately.