1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it was very minimal, I probably would have liked a bit more of a graphic around the bar to fit the theme. But compared to the D1 PC bar filling about 30% of the vertical room on the screen, I would rather have the PS1 version. I might have to record some footage off the PSP fighting the Butcher and Leoric to upload to youtube and show people who haven't experienced D1 before.

digibucc says thanks.
  2. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    BOOYA! Beta here I come :)

3. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Beta keys are out? :O

4. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    nope not for public yet ...

5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thats what I though, Press just got in, does that include you?

6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    The Diablo III Beta is now live.

source

digibucc says thanks.
  7. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I seen that and was confused by what they meant. Because the betas been up for a while, and I know they said it was Press only, but I know others have been playing.

8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    more open i guess? i'm still not in :(

9. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Super XP and digibucc say thanks.
  10. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
  11. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    digibucc and Super XP say thanks.
  12. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
  13. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Anyone goona play D2 new 9 seasson ladder reset?Am planning to play D2

15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  16. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Nothing from a retailer is a confirmed release date. They are simply guesses by the retailers, and are always subject to change.

I'm honestly burnt out on Diablo 3. The hype factor was off the charts for a bit, and Blizzard left us all to rot while we thought we had a chance of getting into the beta. Kind of frustrating if you ask me.

Has anybody gotten into the beta via opt-in yet?

17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    my friend downloaded the cracked version, where you play against nothing. you can spawn enemies, kill them, and get some basic loot.

i am still going to buy & play the game, but i have to agree - the amount of hype from others and in my own mind has likely ruined it. unless there are massive improvements to the graphics and engine from what i saw, it just will not keep me like d2 did.

it's really very obvious that they sold out hardcore diablo fans to appeal more to wow fans. the social aspects, the simplicity of builds, the bright stand out colors. i kept an open mind until i loaded the game, then i realized others were right - this is not diablo.

18. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I fell ya on that one. It isn't just failtivision/blizzard either.

Between this and EA Origin fiasco, I really have my hopes up for ESV, even though I know it will be a huge let down. The glory days of gaming are over, console or not :(

Over the last 4 years the only games I have been satisfied with were Mirror's Edge, Portal, Portal 2, and Forza 4. That's it. I don't even build gaming computers anymore.

digibucc says thanks.
  19. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    You hardcore D2 fans should check out Path of Exile. That game seems more like Diablo 2.5.

As for Diablo 3, I have watched very few gameplay videos, but what I have seen certainly makes me want to play it. Are the major complaints its non-challenging difficulty? The problem with the D3 marketing seems to be over-saturation. There's just too much information about the game and everyone feels like it is out already. I know my cousin has watched hour long footage of all the classes. Feels like he has been playing the game for a month.

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    the major complaint is how it is much closer to WoW than to Diablo 2. I am all for innovation, but following the same model(wow, social-heavy) regardless of the fact that you had a perfectly good one with legions of fans behind it - is not innovation imo. it's money-grabbing.

I was fine with it taking forever. that's blizzard, and what comes out is quality. however, in this case i do feel let down. it seems the time has been spent improving social aspects of the game at the sake of environment, sound & graphical fidelity. i would appreciate the social additions if the core game stayed strong - but i don't think it does.

as for PoE, i have checked it out but it seems so plain. Diablo 1/2 had character. you were in that world of demons and monsters, immersed deeply. i can only hope that d3 was improved more in that regard (though i doubt it) since beta.

NinkobEi says thanks.
  21. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    The bar for Diablo III is set pretty high. Diablo II is one of my favorite games of all time and I'm extremely nervous about D3.

I'll be getting it and playing through it, but I played the s**t out of D2 and I just don't think that's going to happen with D3.

digibucc says thanks.
  22. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    What specifically did it take from WoW? I mean, WoW certainly did a lot of things right, which part do you dislike?
    I dont see how making a game social-heavy makes Blizzard money-grabbers. There's no monthly fee for this game. Its more that gaming has progressed to online/play with friends type.

Though after thinking about it, I can see why Blizzard would be more geared towards profits than gameplay. Every company, after they sell out (Blizzard to Activision, Bioware to EA, the list goes on), game designs seem to be more profit driven. Just be lucky that EA didnt purchase Blizzard. The only true great major game dev we have left is Bethesda. The future of quality gaming will be mostly indie, I feel.

digibucc says thanks.
  23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i'm sorry i must have been a little heavy handed, you missed my point. I am upset because they focused on social aspects INSTEAD of making the environment, sound, characters and graphics any good. they simplified the game and the only real draw now is the social aspect, which is not what i ever played Diablo for. I think most people who put hundreds of hours into d1/2 will agree on release - the lack of detail and the lack of immersion will kill the experience. it will be far too mmo and not enough diablo.

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    There's 1C and Bohemia Interactive, but yes the numbers are getting lower sadly. Blizzard don't need EA and i would of thought the stock holders would know that too.

25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    well I find it difficult to judge the content immersion and detail based on the beta release first third of Act 1, of what we can assume is a three or four Act game. From what I have seen, the environment, sound and characters are all top-notch. The graphics _may_ be somewhat lacking but that is only so people dont have to rush out and buy a new computer just to play it.

If it is just the art-style that you dislike, maybe I can understand that. Then again, how are game makers supposed to appeal to everyone? There will always be those who get rubbed the wrong way.