1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. deathmore

deathmore New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol yah stupid mussels stealings all my good loots when ever he comes on lol.
  2. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    I died at least 5 times today in Zoltun Kulle's archive. those elites packs are tough....

My tag is Caveman#1522 btw
  3. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Only 5 times? If Magibeg got gold everytime he res'd me he would own the AH. :laugh:

Thanks Magi and Entropy for running with me and my friend through nightmare into hell.
    He's not used to "plow forward" type of playing, but He will be as soon as he gets some better gear. :toast:
  4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I might need help in hell, I realized I suck more than I thought lmao

Msybe I'll go in public games
  5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Just made it to inferno last night, only to realize i needed to take a break and re-think things before continuing.

Nster, the smae is probably true for you as well. Once in hell, you really need to be using your abilities all the time, so perhaps you just have the wrong ones enabled?

Was defintely easier to get past hell with help, even though it makes the monsters a bit stronger.
  6. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    @n-ster : No need to go public. More than enough TPU'ers to help you out if you post your battletag.
  7. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I made it all the way past skele king after you left. it just takes a change in play style.
  8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Until you meet a group of mobs that are Vampiric, Arcane enhanced, Teleporting, Chained health and whatever else. Things get a little iffy then. lol
  9. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I still die a lot, vampires and reflects damage are the big killers.
  10. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Fast + Fire Chain is still my biggest nightmare.
  11. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    That depressing moment when i realize i need to hoard up 50 million gold to get a moderate upgrade for my weapon....
  12. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    just forged the nightmare staff of herding, now just need to save up the half mil so I can do hell pony runs.
  13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I would not mind helping..
  14. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    Here is a really good guide for an end game level 60 Demon Hunter. Even if you don't have your DH at this high of level yet this guide has some good strategy recommendations. I came across this guide on diablo.incgamers.com

Tier List Update – THE endgame Demon Hunter build

I used to not like Evasive Fire but after getting used to it I realized it has a big advantages. There are several advantages listed in the article link above. I used to spam Multi Arrow until I got my DH to level 59 and started using Elemental Arrow with the Nethering Tentacles rune.

/edit

Oh yeah anyone with a DH build will want to take a look at this article

Hatred Generators: Demystified
    SlayerJC says thanks.
  15. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Extra health + reflect damage is always fun

I have electrocute, arcane orb with reduced arcane cost, diamond shield with 2x thing, energy armor, venom hydra and magic weapon.... I'll have to update to the best runes as I haven't checked them in a while

Does the build sound OK? I have a bad right hand and so so hand-eye coordination, so kiting ain't so easy for me lol, thats why I suck
  16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well after tinkering around in Act 3 on the Wizz I decided to mess around on the Barb again (posted my build earlier). I haven't ever really got any crazy good drops, I've got maybe 2 - 3 items worth about 1 mill so far, and I was hoping moving into farther acts would get me better gear, but it just never panned out. Then I go back to the Barb abd farming Act 1, and I'm getting the best drops I've ever seen, over and over, had a few things sell for 500k and was pretty happy.... then this dropped :rockout:

[​IMG]
    That thing almost brought me to tears, I could prob get between 5 - 7 mill for it, so happy, but it's so good for both of my characters I think I'll be using this for quite a while.

Act 1 isn't too bad, a bit of AHing and for the most part you should be able to farm it in no time, Act 2 and on is where things get really serious and builds need to really be tweaked to move on. Act 1 you can DPS through no problem if you got even just decent gear, a friend is using a 1200 DPS 2 hander and pretty crap gear (he has only 20k hp as a Barb) and he plows down Act 1. But anything in Act 2 one shots him (and I mean anything).

That build sounds ok, but you are gonna want a slow for Inferno, personally I would swap out Electrocute for Magic Missile, then take the Temporal Flux passive. Also would swap Diamond skin for Teleport w/ Fracture (with a slow, clones, and a teleport you will kite much better).
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  17. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Once I have the seeker thing for MM, then I'll use it. I intend to use teleport in inferno but I find diamond skin better in hell?

I forgot to add my masteries are astral presence, temperal flux and the life per second while shield is on thing... I think imana switch temperal flux for glass canon for now
  18. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    ;~O

Dats nice :toast:

I remember you mentioning for the wiz that Magic Missile with the rune that has it auto home to enemies is really effective. Thanks for the suggestion, it has definitely saved me many times now. I tend to hide a lot now behind corners with my wiz and spam it... lol.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  19. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah Seeker is super nice for corner shots. I liked using the 143% one, if your a good shot it works well, but not being able to shoot around corners is it's downfall. Diamond Skin isn't bad, it allows for ab it more careless playstyle, you can let things get up on you a bit, I used it for a long time, till I was forced to start kiting almost anything, then I got rid of it. Also I would take Glass Cannon instead of the life per second one personally.

No problem, yeah it's a very nice spell, especially if you have been stacking Attack Speed, I wasn't even using a Signature Spell, but after I gained some AS I needed something that actually put it to use, and that fit the bill nicely.
  20. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I thought the extra 2 minutes and the 200+ life per second was pretty useful, it helps regen for long kitting or in between fights etc. Else I have 13 life per second
  21. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    That's a nice ring :D,
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Since the inception of the RMAH, the prices in the GAH have increased dramatically.
    You can still find an occasional good deal, but it will most likely be a minimal/moderate upgrade at best (I found an upgrade for my 1H for about 50K ... not too bad).
    All the decent/awesome upgrades will cost you 10s of millions in gold ... if you can even find anything.

Also, since the RMAH came online I've sold nothing in the GAH even though my prices are dirt cheap. I usually set the starting bid a 2x what an in-game vendor would give me and 4x that as the buyout price. I'm not trying to make a lot of gold, just get a little more than the vendors will give you in-game.
    Nothing is moving. Oh well ... nothing lost but the few seconds it takes to add it to an auction.

I finally took the time to read through all the rules/regs of the RMAH, and all associated fees (and all the comments).
    I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would use it. :/

In any event, game is still crazy fun, and I feel the cost of it was well worth it. :)
  23. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Well it just kinda seems like the RMAH split the market into 2. And when given the choice between gold or $$$ after finding a good item it seems people like to opt for $$$.
  24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Is anyone honestly paying real money for anything? I mean have any of you sold anything for cash yet?
  25. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I sold a ring for $20. I hear of auction house tycoons making thousands of dollars. Some guy said he made more in a day of diablo than he did at his actual work.