1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I disagree about the RMAH..Yes the absolute best items are there, but I have never used the RMAH and plenty of people are buying on the GAH.

You literally need to sit in the GAH for 30-60min searching for cheap items to spin. Yeah this drives inflation like crazy whatever it makes gold. It sucks, no doubt about it. However once you sell your first 50k, 100K, 500K, 1M, 5M...and see that in your completed it all feels slightly better.

Then rinse and repeat.

Pricing your item is important. You need to research every item and see where the market is at for similar, then undercut by 20% or so. You will make money man.

No one buys legendary stuff because they mostly suck. Very few people will buy a legendary under 60th lvl, so yeah don't bother unless it's 60+ level and had excellent rolls.

If you see a similar item as your, but it has been sitting for a long time you know it's overpriced, so price accordingly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The cheapest version of that Ax sold for 5M. I put it up for 25K! Nothing.

3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Ahhh, so you massively under-priced it...which means it didn't even come up in the top pages of search results.

Price accordingly works both ways...Don't over-price and don't under-price because no one will see it.

Repost it for 3.5M B/O with a starting bid of 1M.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I did that too. No one bought it. I tried to sell that thing 4 times. Bah its gone now anyway. Like I said I gave it away.

5. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Well damn man IDK then. Not everything sells though that is for sure. Just try not to give up you will get a good sale eventually that will allow you start buying stuff purely to spin.

Legendary items are an odd sale because they are so unique, but often a good Blue item can out do them.

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I'm doing good enough in the GAH, but still nothing in the RMAH (except for $5 in my battle.net balance :laugh:).

Besides the buy-and-sell (which is still quite 50/50 for me), there's the sure-fire but requires more capital, and only has a relatively smaller profit gem crafting business. :laugh:

7. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    lol, welcome to ebay 2012...
    This is a game? You guys sound like you spend more time in auction houses than actually playing any game..

pages and pages of nothing but RMAC talk.. :banghead:

8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I spend more time in the AH than actually playing the game. I take maybe around 30 minutes to finish Act III Hell, then check the AH for 5 minutes, then go back to farming Act III Hell for 30 minutes. Then I'll logout and play a different game, usually Football Manager 2012. So yeah, I've spent most of my playing time just browsing the AH. Oh, wait.

9. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    If you don't play AH Tycoon you will never get enough gold. So either whip out the CC and buy stuff or grind for months on end until you can afford that 10M item. This was exactly how blizz wanted us to "play". No point in fighting it.

Or you can hope you get crazy lucky and get that godly i63 to drop and sell it for 5M. But at the rate rares drop with horrible rolls you are still talking days.weeks of grinding.

10. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Well, I hope you guys are making good money in it.. Guess it's nice in terms of a game giving the consumer a chance to actually make cash, rather than just spend it on the game.. Has potential for sure..

11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I haven't sold anything on the RMAH. Maybe when i completely give up on this game i will sell everything in hopes of getting my $60 back, which I should easily be able to do. Right now though I'm just doing the GAH. And yes making good amounts of gold.

I'm not even saying it's fun or cool. It is just what you have to do to progress further and faster in game for all the Gear Checks in inferno.

12. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I was resistant to the GAH at first, but it's really a part of the game and is fun to fool around in.
    I don't spend a whole lot of time there, but it's fun looking for bargains.
    The only thing the in-game vendors are good for is repairing your stuff and selling crap you didn't drop when out fighting, because they never have anything good.
    The rest of the stuff you can't use goes to the GAH.

One problem is that you get stuff way faster than you can sell it in the GAH with the 10 item limit and the 36 hour auction time. lol

The RMAH is just a bonus for people who want to sell stuff there. Nothing wrong with making a little cash on the side since you are playing the game anyway.

@Pr0n Inspector : Had a good time running in inferno with your monk. Thanks for joining my game. :toast:

13. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Use the RMAH/GAH for free inventory slots. Just post an item/cancel. Also create mules to store more stuff.

14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    What level and DPS was it? Theres numerous level 58 Legendaries that are just horrible. Almost all weapon Legendaries are just bad, they have horrible DPS, and it's been brought up to Blizzard. People price them all over the place mostly because they are worth nothing, even blue weapons unless they are 600 - 700 dps (1 handers) with good stats are pretty much worthless (80k or less), and a 2 hander thats got just damage on it has to be like 1200+ dps just to be worth over 100k.

Theres a 2 handed Legendary sword (I think it's the highest DPs Legendary in the game) that can reach 1200 or so DPS, yet search the AH and you will find so many Magic and Rare weapons that surpass it. Legendary armor is the stuff to find for now, and eve nsome of those just have horrible stats. So doubting that has anything to do with the RMAH, people can price things at whatever they want, it doesn't mean it is selling. I had a 58 Legendary sword I got for 10k, 2 weeks later I sold it for 9k (and this was before the RMAH was even out).

15. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I get lots of items with multiple high stats (>100) but the dps sucks.

16. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, thats what a majority of drops are. Even a 1 hander with 550 dps and 250 str is like 5000 gold, if it had a socket, life on hit, or vitality it would be worth a ton of with that str, but since it didn't, 1 good stat just isnt a enough even with decent dps for a 1 hander (it actually was higher dps with that str than my 672 dps 1 hander, but I'd loose 600 life on hit).

17. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    look at what just dropped into my lap.
    [​IMG]
    first sellable weapon I've gotten in inferno.
    adds so much health might use it for a while, was gonna get a 1k plus weapon but might put that money toward better armor.

Mussels says thanks.
  18. Urlyin

Urlyin Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Geez.. just me sick why don't you!!! lol J/K .. nice drop though :toast:

19. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Once you get pass Siegebreaker you will see that there are often time that you will be forced into melee range, because the terrain is simply too restrictive.
    Basically its elite Phase Beast/Soul Reaper = GG

Long story short pre-1.03 for classes like DH is A)never get hit because even white mobs like Soul Rippers in late act 3 can easily eat your face even with 600 resist and 40k hp.
    It was simply not worth it to itemize much into defensive stats pre-1.03. Now I don't know how much they nerfed the mobs in Act3 so maybe they hit like wet noodles now.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  20. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I finally reached my goal of making back my $60 spent on Diablo 3. It's funny I did it with one uber item. I sold these rare gloves below for $125. I had the proceeds deposit to my PayPal to help for groceries, ROFL... Blizzard got 15% though :~(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm gonna buy some beers too with the $$$$ :D

21. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    I just checked, yup inferno Soul Reapers now hit me for 15K now instead :laugh:
    Btw a ran into a pack of Blue Phase Beast and they hit for 25k on my DH now, pre-patch a white Phase Beast hits for 45k. :roll:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  22. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    psst btw, if you say you are "making money" off diablo and you get the money as Battle.net balance, well guess what, that's not real money, that's another type of in game gold :p Nice gloves, glad it made you 100+$ in real life :)

Now can you share the luck with us? LOL

23. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, but if blizzard had more games like steam or origin, I would consider it as real money though. free gamez!

EDIT: If youre doing some hell farming please invite me, I need to level my barb and its hard to level now since they nerfed the quest exp gains

24. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    Yeah my first few auctions I made on the RMAH I thought you could take the Battle.net funds and deposit them into PayPal... I thought you could log into your Battle.net account through the official Diablo 3 website and deposit that money into PayPal... WRONG :mad: I didn't find this out until about 2 days ago.

If you want real money from your auction, choose to deposit the funds to PayPal because you can't convert it into PayPal cash unless you choose this from the start of the auction.

^ From http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-frequently-asked-questions-faq#q6

Thankfully I did choose to deposit the proceeds from the gloves into my PayPal though :p

25. pr0n Inspector

pr0n Inspector

Thanks Received:
    The worst part is that b-bucks can not be transfer to paypal/buy anything meaningful which mean it will go back to AH eventually wear down to near zero by the 15% fee.