1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Looks Lame (Visually)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ravenas, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Lol, before you guys get your panties in a knot, take a look at this article I found...The Ex-PC Gamer Editor Greg Vederman AKA the Vede is supporting and proclaiming this petition against the petition.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...030120080703084156/WBStory/WBwgtgameblog0301/

IF YOU WISH TO SIGN THIS RENEWED ARTISTIC DIRECTION FOR DIABLO 3 PETITION, CLICK HERE!

------------

Thursday, July 3, 2008 (12:02 PM EST): 25250 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (12:30 PM EST): 25441 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (01:05 PM EST): 25672 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (02:22 PM EST): 26137 Total Signatures
    Friday, July 4, 2008 (06:39 PM EST): 32023 Total Signatures
    Monday, July 7, 2008 (10:19 PM EST): 37719 Total Signatures

------------

IF YOU WISH TO SIGN THE RAISES AND PRAISES FOR THE DIABLO 3 DEVELOPEMENT TEAM PETITION, CLICK HERE!

------------

Thursday, July 3, 2008 (12:13 PM EST): 58 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (12:30 PM EST): 69 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (01:05 PM EST): 101 Total Signatures
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 (02:23 PM EST): 140 Total Signatures
    Friday, July 4, 2008 (06:39 PM EST): 467 Total Signatures
    Monday, July 7, 2008 (10:19 PM EST): 660 Total Signatures

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't have a release date and is probably is pre-alpha/alpha and people are bitching about something already? See this is what happens when a series gets big and there are millions of fans. They hate change but they want a new game in the series? I am pretty disgusted by this. They call themselves fans but they think the game is "turd" and they haven't even played it at all yet. Only a 30 minute demo showing off the great gameplay and the graphics looked very nice and the physics were just as well done.

And since when was diablo about graphics, all the others have been in 2d.

mon74 says thanks.
  3. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    This is art direction, not graphics and physics. If you want it to look more dark like Diablo 1, then obviously you're a true fan :)

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I say let the artists use thier expressive talents. If people don't like it, they should go get an art education.

5. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't see why it looks lame, just because it's not brown, and doesn't have the bloom all the way up.
    Real is brown, supposedly.
    I think it looks just fine, and it's not a game that needs to look really fancy, it just has to play really well.
    I've seen someone's impression of what it should look like. It looked like crap. The ground and things were coloured brown, when the original had a very dark blue tint, which looked jsut fine for a dark, moon-lit dungeon, I feel. That, and they added so much bloom that the characters weren't too easily visible.

I do agree, people just whine and bitch and moan, instead of simply waiting for the final product, but as it is now, I love the look of it. No point making it completely realistic if it's a game.

mon74, Master_of_Time and ShadowFold say thanks.
  6. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Or make a petition :)

7. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    I think people are getting a little bent out of shape for nothing. I downloaded the hi-res trailers and videos and I appreciate the subtle effects and details. But more importantly for me is the gameplay. It was not the graphics nor the art style of the first two that kept me coming back for more. It was the customization and the loot as well as the jump in and kick ass with some friends that still brings me hours of good times even in the current era of "graphics".

8. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am making a petition for the true fans to shut this petition down.

9. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    There is already one, read the article ;)

10. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    =

[​IMG]

No offense :)

11. Xolair New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, the colours look good now after I've given it some thought, the thing that COULD be better (''better'' in my opinion) are the looks of the game. Slightly more darker and more detail on the characters. When you zoom close, maybe it's the flat-shaded textures that give me an impression of the WoW-ish looks. Dunno' what it really is about, but somehow my perception manages to give this kind of a picture about the visual appearance. Frankly you can tell I'm not a fan of WoW, but it'd be nice if the makers kept these two universums apart. Bump Maps or something would already give the characters detail and make it less cartoonish, with zero to none effect to the computer requirements.

But meh, the game's far from being visually complete (apparently) and we've only seen a fraction of the gameplay and graphics. Time will tell, I'd still play the game even if it looked somewhat same as it now does. I'm not too graphics-related of a guy and wouldn't buy the game just 'cos it'd have minor problems with the colour scheme. Just that... argh, guess it's pointless to resist. I'll mod the game to my own liking if it's possible. :shadedshu

12. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Don't get me wrong, I'll buy the game no matter what, and play it for years after that. However, I thought the same was true for Diablo 2 in comparison to Diablo 1. They keep straying farther away from the roots, artistically.

13. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If they never changed, we would never advance.
    Office 2007 has received criticism because of the ribbon interface, but I like it, and the same with Vista. Change can be good, but it can be difficult.

14. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Indeed, I've seen plenty of change in my life. For the better and for the worse. ;)

15. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's a Diablo 3? And how many people will die from playing this RPG...

That shit is addictive.

EDIT: OSHI- I just saw some screen shots. That is not my Diablo.

16. iamollie New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Real Fans"=People who blindly will love the game however good it is??

Having a petition which "real fans" vote for the other petition to be shut down is really the pinnacle of fanboyism something you shouldn't be proud of

ShadowFold says thanks.
  17. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    There's an enourmous difference between loving the gameplay/graphics vs. artistic design.

18. iamollie New Member

Thanks Received:
    o and for the record i think it looks awesome

19. iamollie New Member

Thanks Received:
    it was the phrasing of it suggesting that real fans would like the artistic design while people who would prefer a different direction werent real fans

20. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    For the record, I think it looks amazing. However, for the record I also think it could look amazingly better :toast:

21. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I my self did not mind to much how it looked, all though i wish it looked more like D1 darker creepy and bloody.

22. iamollie New Member

Thanks Received:
    And there damm well isnt anything wrong with that, your no less of a fan than anyone else for disagreeing with the artistic approach

23. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Everyone who is in favor of this petition should be shot. Let them do their thing, Blizzard hasn't dissapointed us yet.

ShadowFold says thanks.
  24. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm having trouble getting excited about this game, although the visuals don't have much to do w/ it. It really just seems like a variation of Gauntlet Ledgends (or perhaps that game is a variation of diablo) which didn't appeal to me so much. It was kind of fun, but repetitive. I haven't played the other games, can someone tell me why the gameplay here is much better than games like that (honestly and politely hopefully, I'm not trying to bash it, I really want to know)?

25. mon74

Thanks Received:
    I think Diablo III is coming along nicely, so i agree with shadowfold, if anything, the gameplay is what made diablo the legend that it is today, the graphics are just the complement, not the substance. :cool: