1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Possible Account Ban - No Way!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sliver Victor, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Sliver Victor New Member

Thanks Received:
    hello peaples. I recently used a bot on my Diablo III account. Now before this I changed my name to something that violates Blizz TOS. Now today they sent me a warning telling me to change my name on my account. I also cannot log into my account. Again recently someone was using my diablo III account when I was offline. Putting all this together what are the chances of being banned because I wrote blizz this morning and asked them this. they said if I was banned I would have been notified, but I got a warning for my name not a ban for my bot use. With the added on fun of being hacked when I was away I am confused at this point.
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Are you trying to get banned?

Ask for help with hetting your account back, change the name and stop using bots and youre green. Unless bots doesnt go against the ToS.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. Sliver Victor New Member

Thanks Received:
    They only told me to secure my account and that I would have been told that if I was banned. Things I have tried are resetting my password and also changing my email address. I still can't log in. It is pretty much telling me I am now banned.
  4. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Contact Blizzard. Only they are going to be able to help you now.

I hope you learned your lesson.
    Don't use bots. That's probably how your account got hijacked.

Using the authenticator should help too, there is a reason why Blizz added it.
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Your banned bubba for just running that bot a lone it just takes a little time for them to get around to it..

I had a few people in my friends list who did it and it took over a month to ban them and they only ran the bot once although they were able to keep the account but not the cdkey which means you would have to buy D3 again..

My personal thought is that it serves you right that it happened and just take it as a lesson learned the hard way.

If for some odd reason you get them unlock your account and your D3 key is still usable you better get ya shit of those chars asap as it's going to happen if you been running a bot..
  6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    You will be notified of any ban or suspension on the login screen. If you didn't see it, you're not banned.
  7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah you'd know if you were banned - though you should be ;) no more bots dude!
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. Depth

Thanks Received:
  9. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    Way
  10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Whats the point of playing game if you dont play it :D
    Good that u get banned for such cheating
  11. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    OP, I don't fully understand your initial post. First, you used a bot- that's clear. Then you got warned about the name you registered- that's clear. Then I am quoting: " Again recently someone was using my diablo III account when I was offline" - what do you mean somebody? and again- it happened before or what?- that contitues in my book for a hacked account. If this is the case it looks far worse than your current worries.

Anyway, try contacting the Customer Service. as long as you have proof of purchase- they require, try talking them into un-locking your account.
  12. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    You seriously believe that these anonymus individuals from the internet who creates 3rd party bot/hacks/cracks would do this for free? That they were modern day saints and wanted to help you out? :D
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  13. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I hope your banned and I hope ur computer has a trojan stealing all ur shit now as I type this... dont use bots, dont be a douche with names.
  14. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    You are not banned, your account got locked because of suspicious sign-ins.
    Let me explain, the bot author got your credentials and accessed your account, used it for a while to spam gold or whatever and Blizzard got it locked.
    You can unlock your account by going to battle.net for password reset.
    After you do that, you can play until they ban you, this time for real, for using bot in the first place.
    Good luck.
  15. Sliver Victor New Member

Thanks Received:
    sh*te. I only used the bot once. I have been able to get back into my account tho. Apparently whoever changed my login thought it was fun to make it my previous login before I updated it as using this info I was able to get in. I have learnt my leson. I will never cheat in Diable again.

here is my D3 Barb in case any1 want to know:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Promethius-1510/hero/31638580
  16. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Once a cheater always a cheater. lol