1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dimastech Bench Table V2.5

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    HammerON says thanks.
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I laike the layout of this bench:)
    Thanks for the review Darksaber!!!

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I just received my Dimastech bench direct from Italy. It is a thing of beauty, and incredibly solid. No shortcuts here.

4. MadMan007

Thanks Received:
    Sorry but this thing is a complete waste to anyone but reviewers who are truly using different hardware all the time and then it's only worthwhile if it's a (free) review sample. A few minutes work on a cheap or freebie case and you can get the same functionality.

5. Paulieg

Thanks Received:
    Partially true. I don't think it's "a complete waste to anyone but reviewers". I use tech stations exclusively in my workshop. Why? Because they are easy to work with. So easy in fact, that I only use a case for the kids PC. It's a breeze to switch out components. It makes water cooling SO much easier. Sure, you could buy a cheap case and mod it into a tech station if you want to. However, if you don't have the time to do it, and you want the functionality of a bench with some style, then a nice tech station like this is awesome.

6. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Good to see that there are still manufacturers out there who listen to constructive criticism. And actually do something instead of just talking.

7. MadMan007

Thanks Received:
    Workshop = repair shop or just for your own personal pleasure and use? If the former then I could see it for component testing occasionally but if the latter it's still a waste.

There are many MANY ways to make a 'tech station' (motherboard mount and some peripherals) without blowing 120EUR (probably more in USD) and it really wouldn't take that long whether it's cutting up a case or doing something else more custom. Even a few hours is 60EUR/hour which is over 120k EUR per year so for almost everyone the time argument doesn't hold up. I'm just not in to stupidly wasting money purely for the sake of fashion in an example like this, I mean who would see it besides oneself and people on the internet who one really shouldn't care about impressing. But I guess some people are just that in to fashion and that's why these things are for sale, there's just little rationale behind it besides fashion.

8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, that could be said for any computer case, desk, chair, whatever. There are of course, cheaper techstations one can buy. People are also kind of lazy and don't want to make their own computer cases. People love wasting money, it's pretty much a way of life (see: recession/economy). People also like convenience (see: industrial revolution). People love vanity, and they like to impress others. Stupid? Maybe. It's not like this case is being forced upon anyone though. It is what it is, and if people buy enough of them, it will be a success, if not, it won't be so much.

HammerON says thanks.
  9. stock

stock

Thanks Received:
    There is a Carbon colour scheme in the offing....only "prototype" atm. Also support for EL-ATX boards as well, ie 4 way classy.

Attached Files:

10. Paulieg

Thanks Received:
    Why "latter is still a waste"? You're going to buy a case, right? Well, I choose to use a tech station as my case. Now if your argument is "Any expensive tech station or CASE is a waste of money, then I understand your argument, but still don't agree with it.

Would I buy this case for the MSRP? Probably not. Fortunately, I didn't pay for it at all. It's a review sample. If I'm paying for a tech station, my money has gone to the Sunbeam tech stations. They are well built, functional and fairly inexpensive.

11. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    certainly true, and for many people it will be a rewarding experience. other people who will put a $3000 rig on it certainly won't care about 120 € - which i dont think is an unreasonable price.

your same argument holds for anyone buying any case that is more expensive than $50 .. you could sure add a few layers of cardboard to accomodate extra hardware ^^

12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, Dimas has lowered the price a bit as time has gone on and revisions have appeared(more for less can't be a bad thing)...can't wait for mine to arrive!

13. WIZARD OF BOZZ

WIZARD OF BOZZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great review....great "case"

Thanks for a great and comprehensive review...have ordered one

14. Faye_Kane_girl_brain

Faye_Kane_girl_brain

Thanks Received:
    Lazy slacker, naked in cave—steal elec—see profile
    You have NO credibility with me after giving this crappy, overpriced thing an Editor's Choice. The screws don't hold the two halves together, the MB doesn't fit against the card supporter, it doesn't have an instruction manual, and it's so cheap and sleazy that the fan support broke when you screwed it in.

What would it take to NOT get the editor's choice? Or did they give you a free one in exchange for a guaranteed good review?

And for 250 BUCKS? No way, Ray!

Forget it, dude, I'm not looking at any more of your reviews. You're either taking bribes or incompetent.

15. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Clearly the screws did hold it together 4 and a half years ago, it's difficult for a review at launch to discuss what the build quality may be like 4.5 years on, in fact many of the reviewers from different sites at the time actually said that they would be swapping out their test benches to this one because it was so good. To be fair to your predicament though, if the quality is crap now then it's good to get the word around, I can only assume you have visited the 16 or so other sites that thought highly of the product to warn potential buyers of problems being found with quality now, keep up the good work! .... Thank you.

Jetster says thanks.