1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"DirectX 10: The future of PC Gaming", good read!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Alec§taar, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Especially for you guys into gaming!

:)

* Check it out:

DirectX 10: The Future of PC Gaming

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/11/30/directx10_future_of_pc_gaming/1.html

(Enjoy the read!)

APK

P.S.=> It's written clearly & has decent illustrations for concepts understanding... I hope you find it as informative as I did (much of it I was aware of, & most of it regarding driver architecture (software-side) for VISTA, but many points not as well - mostly hardware related ones here that game developers feedback was used by Microsoft for, to improve things @ that level also in this API)... apk
  2. Slater Guest

Ah crap, now I'm up after I'm suppose to go to bed >.<
  3. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    :toast: thanks Alec it was a good read...F
  4. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome!

However, the real thanks is due to the author of that article: Again, it really was decent, clearly written, well illustrated, & packed full of good facts/information, especially for folks into gaming, as many here are.

* All in all, a GOOD read!

APK

P.S.=> Heh, Hey Slater - was it worth staying up & reading, or what?? apk
  5. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    That was a good one Alec. The only bad taste that dx10 leaves behind, is that you have to buy Vista for it. That is another 150 euro's or so. Plus a new dx10 card. That is a large amount of money. A bit of a shame.

But it looks very good.:rockout:
  6. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I & others that read it thought so as well... 5 pages of GOOD stuff!

I agree, but it's how stuff in this field gets done typically - some advantage is given in some KEY market area (I have always personally felt that computer gaming IS THE biggest market in software there is, but I am not a market analyst either, so take that w/ a grain of salt) to some NEW OS, & it's the carrot in front of the donkey's nose keeping him walking (buying, in our case as the consumer).

It does - very technically EFFICIENT!

* Which means faster imo... or, it will @ least offset memory consumptions (the part about object instancing, which iirc, is 472 bytes for every added object instanced as an overhead copy from the original) & probably be faster (or, @ the very least, will offset some of VISTA's added weight (w/ added function, more 'bloat' usually comes along, a fact o' life!))

APK