1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DiRT Showdown

Discussion in 'Games' started by erocker, Jan 29, 2012.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, same here. Perhaps being able to actually play the multi-player would sway me to buy it right away...
  2. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Ok, now I get it. Yeah, I was only doing Sp races so far, I didn't check MP. Yep, the game doesn't connect to steam as well.
  3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    multiplayer is fun but seems to be missing something. i think im going to hold for a steam sale.
  4. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I won't be buying this until the price drops : /
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  5. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, unless they add/fix some things for the retail release I will be holding off as well.
  6. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Fun fukn Game! :toast:
  7. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    A demo is out, will try later today :)
  8. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    reason why is because he died...
  9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Thats, I don't think they would dropped him if it wasn't for that. They might have added Gym as an event and maybe signed on Block as another name, but couldn't see them dumping McRae.
  10. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Demo is getting boring...
    Unless the car is heavy (-er), it bounces off as if it was made of rubber. It's annoying. And the point system is like a game of chance...Derby is about survival...not points...
    Singleplayer gets incredibly dull unless there are records to break.
    So...I'll pass this one. (Unless it get incredibly cheap...)
  11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed as well. We all know the most important guages on your car are the "damage" and "boost" guages. Really? No speedo/tach, no rearview and two camera settings. Just because they make a game to be "fun" doesn't mean they have to dumb it down a bunch. Again, they should of never named this game DiRT.
  12. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Crap!, can't they just made a game based on Grid derby races! just copy & paste! this is awful and boring. No onboard camera WTF!
  13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    This game sucks. Online is a joke. DO NOT BUY.

*If you are under the age of 12 you may enjoy it. Though, don't disrespect your parents by having them buy it for you.
    de.das.dude and fullinfusion say thanks.
  14. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    lol that answers my question I was going to ask you last night!

Whats the biggest thing that pisses you off with this game?
  15. erocker

Thanks Received:
    The idiot company that made it. Mostly though, the multiplayer is substandard for sure.

*Just fired it up and multiplayer is working. Regardless of the things missing from this game and my disappointment with it, multiplayer is damn fun. I wouldn't buy this game for the retail price, but once it comes down, it's worth it for multiplayer... especially if we can get a few people to play together. There are some places around the web selling this game (Key) for $25 bucks if you're interested.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  16. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    once steam puts it on sale for $25 i will buy and smash you all in the face.
  17. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I played the demo of this despite my skepticism, and was not impressed at all. Sure the demo derby stuff in GRID was fun and had a big following, but it was also challenging and had better graphics.

Of course it's obvious this is not intended to pull in any Rally fans, but then why have rally looking cars in the ads?

I don't know what Codies are smokin lately regarding development priorities. It's obvious one of their biggest titles to date in GRID has been left on the back burner FAR too long, but to prioritize silliness like this over it is just absurd.

They also totally ruined the DiRT franchise. DiRT 1 was fantastic. DiRT 2 OK, but not nearly as epic or challenging. DiRT 3 plays like an off road drag race, with very unrealistic speeds and times, and the "Awesome dude!" Gymkhana gets old fast.

I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to play their Operation Flashpoint games with craptastic squad AI, and the latest in the installment is worse than the first in AI AND graphics. Their F1 series hasn't fared so well either.

I can't think of ANY title they've come out with since GRID that can justify their having ignored all the fan requests so long to make GRID 2. By the time they actually DO release it, they'll have changed it into a silly arcade stunt game.

Despite their British roots, Codies have become the brain dead Cali beach bums of game coding, and I'm sorry, but it is not in fact awesome dudes.
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  18. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    Hey i have a question, What does the AVX in the Dirt Showdown_AVX exe do or help with, i have launched the game several times using the dirt shoudown_avx just wondering if it has any performance gain compared to the non avx exe