1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Disabled Video Controler

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by i z 3 r, Dec 26, 2005.

1. i z 3 r New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was trying to uninstall my old ati drivers.

I uninstalled them multipul times and restarted many times as well. However nothing changed.

I had to delete some ATI apps and omega apps.

And I disabled the default video controller for windows. Thinking It would just go to default when I restarted at 640x480.

I rebooted and I got raped.
    Black screen.

Theres nothing I can think of doing to go back. I tired reinstalling my old video card, but the same result happened. Black Screen.

I tired going into safemode, but upon loading the .sys files it freezes so I can't get into safemode.

I don't fell like reinstalling windows and practically formatting. This is the only solution I can think of ATM.

Please Help!! Thanks in advance.

2. Poisonsnak New Member

Thanks Received:
    you could throw in the XP CD as though you were going to reinstall and use the repair option, it should not delete your files but it should fix your driver issues. I don't think recovery console could help you out here, but the repair should work.

3. TheDookie New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have to re-enable thru your bios- if you can't even get in, reset your cmos. It's usually a jumper located directly on your MOBO that you simply switch positions on. In a laptop, remove the battery pack completely then reinsert.

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't think that will work with a software problem. You could try putting an old PCI graphics card in if you have one and boot from that to sort things out.