1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dishonored-Why to buy it

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1nf3rn0x, Oct 14, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Graphics sucked from what I've seen and for anything FPS I need epic graphics.
  2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Man, with the ini tweaks it looks very good and the game is fun and compelling! And you work, fight with enemies, zombies, mafias, friendlies, weirdos, girls... You can CLIMB a LOT.
    AND the 'rune stuff' (which I hate generally speaking) is easy to oversee and manage.

Playing 3rd mission so will reserve final judgment, but looks are a non issue.
  3. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    some of the graphics look stunning. its not all bad, reminds me of half life episodes for some reason...
  4. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Made me think of Half Life as well the guards are like the combine sort of and that whole dystopian feel.

I'm the same way. Probably wouldn't have finished the game if it weren't for the Sweetfx Injector.
  5. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    $60 for 30 hours of gameplay? That's above my maximum of $1 per hour. When it drops down to $20 I'll consider it..
  6. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    A no-man's land of game design.
    Also, this game sort of came out the blue, and I doubt it had the development time that F03/Skyrim had.
  7. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    :rolleyes:

Anyways, graphics don't suck, but they're average....not bad enough to make me care about doing anything besides small tweaks to the .ini if there is no copy+paste/click settings to make it better.
  8. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    I have to say it's a great game. Story is just short and all but the quality is great.

I'm playing at 1280x720 on my sister's laptop (Core i3, 2gb DDR3, GeForce 310m) with everything maxxed out.
  9. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking of making a knife kind of like his; not folding tho, too hard. I'll make a thread for it whenever I get aroundto it; no idea where it should go tho, lol
  10. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I just finished it days ago, its really a great game! Its been a while since I experienced something as good as this, Short but really an awesome experience, I hope there will be a prequel/sequel or something!

Solid Gameplay + Cool Mechanics + Great Design + Intriguing Story it kinda reminds me of Half-Life and Assassin's Creed.

I like how the outsider is similar to G-Man
  11. chinmi

Thanks Received:
    just finished it a couple of days ago too, and story is great... although to bad i think i got the bad ending cause i kill mostly everyone in my gameplay, lol.....
  12. tuunade98

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't buy it, more like rent it or something. Took me only 2 days to finish it on the hardest difficulty.
  13. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I beat this game awhile ago and I stand by what i stated before. Its a great game. Graphics are good and I don't get why people think they look bad. They aren't the latest greatest but they look good and the art style is awesome.

Audio is great, artistic visual style is awesome, gameplay is great, story is great....what more can you want?

I had a blast playing it.

For those that would rather wait for the price to go down; thats a good idea. I thought the game was worth retail $ but for $20-25 it would be a steal.

I put in around 35 hours or so. I did every side quest and played mainly the stealthy way which in itself takes longer. It took me about a week and a half of playing during my evenings...
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Agreed with above. It's a good game. Not really really long, but good. I really have no complaints about it and I complain about everything. :roll:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    I've got 14 hours and finished it (rather 14.5 actually but). This is with restarting checkpoints a LOT and half running through/half finding runes/bone charms. My chaos was high, I killed everyone I could, even a few civilians here and there. I plan to go back through and go without killing anybody this go around.

End mission spoiler.
    Since I went with high chaos, when Samuel transported me to the island, he told me he was going to alert the guards I was there. I killed him as soon as he said that so he wouldn't alert them and felt no remorse. Lol.
  16. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:

Funny. I reacted the same way. I pulled the trigger before I even thought of pulling the trigger...
  17. Millennium

Millennium New Member

Thanks Received:
    99% review in Custom PC. 99! wow.
  18. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    I love GMG. With their 50% off Dishonored deal plus that 25% off coupon plus the $10 credit they gave me for xcom, I just paid $12.50 for Dishonored