1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

display problem..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by evilwillie0614, Nov 1, 2010.

1. evilwillie0614

evilwillie0614 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yesterday i posted about what happen on my monitor and got figured that ram slot is faulty,
    but now new problem occurs, i have sapphire radeo 5770 gpu and i remove it 3 time yesterday to check if his the reason why my monitor has no signal, i switched the unit on 3 times without pugin the power connector to my gpu, after i settle things out.
    this morning my screen display starts to act weird like its crashing, the display is vibrating realy bad and when i play counterstrike it crash and restarted my unit.
    i did reinstall my graphic card driver but still no use. please help. omfg im so noob:banghead:

2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a different monitor? If so, try that one. If that one does not have any issues, then it's probably the monitor. If that one behaves wierd as well, try another GPU (if avaliable).

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    please fill out your complete system specs in your user CP.

4. evilwillie0614

Thanks Received:
    sorry got no extra monitor and gpu,.

5. evilwillie0614

Thanks Received:
    sir, i have updated my usercp please check it and the problem occurs only if im playing games. i try to run my cs4 and other applications but its just fine only i notice a bit slow reaction when it loads up the graphics like when bringing out the icons or pictures.:(

6. mad1394

mad1394 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I Think you need to put the "Show System Specs" option to "yes" before we can all view them.

7. evilwillie0614

Thanks Received:
    hahaha!:laugh: forgot that.. now its ok,can check it now
    do you guys think it has to do with ram? i had an issue on my ram before this thing happen
    my monitor shows no signal then i checked my ram and discovered that my ram slot is faulty
    so i switch my rams on different slot and after my monitor works this issue appeared.:ohwell:

8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    ram is quite possible, 1066MHz DDR2 can be fussy.

try setting the ram voltage to 2.1v and the ram speed to 800Mhz, just to see if the problem goes away (make sure the ram isnt overheating, next time you crash try and hold your finger onto a stick of ram - if you cant hold your finger, its too hot)

9. evilwillie0614

Thanks Received:
    i did check it once, i run my rig while my case is open to see whats wrong and when it crashes i switch it off and remove the ram to place in other ram slot but its not hot at all..
    but thx ill do what you say and check it. hope it works. :ohwell: