1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DLink router problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xdaxxchampxx, Aug 1, 2006.

1. xdaxxchampxx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with a strange problem Im having with my DGL 4300 gamerslounge router. When i first got it it was firmware 1.4 and i got the latest 1.6 right away. I used the wizard to set up the internet access and and wireless connections. All seems to work well for a random period of time from about a week to maybe 3 weeks and then all the sudden it locks all the computers out of the internet but i can still access the other computers on the home network. After having to reset the router like 10 times i got fed up and called tech support and they helped me set up a static ip and dns on the computer witch seemed to work. I did some experimenting and found out i didnt need the static IP but only the DNS would make it work, So i have come to the conclusion that the router for some reason stops giving out a working DNS. So i went into the router options under WAN and i set it to give out dns 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 and it works fine now. Just wondering if anyone could tell me why this is the case and if its a router problem how i can fix it. I also bought a new DLink cable modem hoping that would fix the problem but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated :toast:

2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I used to have that problem. I noticed that my IP address changed every time my router rebooted, so that made setting up DynDNS really hard. I reinstalled firmware, and now I have one solid IP address for between 1 and 3 weeks, but then it locks up until I reboot the router. The internet is a mystery :laugh:.

3. Aevum

Thanks Received:
    its a mystery that someone still buys d-link,