1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DO NOT BUY APEVIA ATX-CW420W, about to rasie h@# about it

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I run a PC store so cheap PSUs are a must for people with older machines....

I had bought 2 of these, and then put them into some machines. That were not ready, it was a cheap do it when you had time job. Shipped it out last week a few days before all my RMAs.

During that time I had bought 4 more of them. They set on the self for a few weeks then I needed them. Had one die in one day, then tried another one would reboot the machine(I'm talking old AMD XP machine), then installed another one and blew it up also.

I get a call this morning from the guy that I had put 2 of them in 2 different machines. On his 2002 dell machine, and the damn thing spit out fire and blew up, the other one just died and will not come back on.

I'm calling new egg today and raise more hell because they are still selling them......and I want my money back because of the other 4 in a roll that died. I don't care if I'm past the 30 day limit!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148033

2. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Man, that sucks. Newegg is usually good about this stuff though, especially with high volume buyers.

3. wolf2009 Guest

wow

4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    You still have to complain, and complain before they will do anything. But yes in the end they usually take care of it.

I always point to how much I order from them :toast: works everytime.

5. kyle2020 Guest

If your such a loyal customer, then im sure they will honour it, i mean, exploding and flaming PSU's? Not only is it a pain to buy it but also dangerous :shadedshu

Hope you get your money back and that your business isnt too badly affected by this!

6. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup. I always say "I'm a loyal customer, and hope to continue being a loyal customer".

7. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Apevia=Aspire

I wouldn't buy from them when they were called Aspire, and a name change isn't going to make me feel any better.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD