1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do not buy roccat products from ncix.com.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by catnipkiller, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    "I am sorry that your Kave is defective. You bought your product at an unauthorized dealer. Please note that only the dealers stated on this website are authorized ROCCAT dealers"
    They tell me this when i tried to rma my roccat kave:shadedshu.
    Soylent Joe and pantherx12 say thanks.
  2. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    If I look at authorized dealers in Canada on the Roccat web site, NCIX is listed. Strange.
    95Viper says thanks.
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Can't you go through the store? In Sweden the RMA process goes through stores, dunno how it works with you.
  4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Yep, it appears that way.

He might have to.

If you look around the net, it, also, seems they are not very nice when it comes to supporting their product's warranty.

Seems they try to push it off on the supplier!

This is the warranty part from the Kave manual:
    Show that to NCIX and see what they say.

Sure is some warranty they have.:shadedshu
    catnipkiller says thanks.
  5. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    NCIx is a standup company, they should sort this out for you without hassle :toast:

I know what company i will NOT be looking at in the future, into the Thermaltake pile you go Roccat :cool:
  6. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why not send this in as a story to every tech site you know about.

Sure not everyone will run with it but hopefully people stop buying their products ha ha

What shite, if a company is stocking their product ( and the company isn't a dodgy one) the warranty should always be honoured!
  7. Tibor@ROCCAT

Tibor@ROCCAT New Member

Thanks Received:
    To avoid confusion:
    We at ROCCAT would like to clarify that both NCIX USA & NCIX Canada became authorized dealers short ago, and are listed as such on our website http://www.roccat.org/Where-to-Buy/

Any user can contact http://www.roccat.org/Support/Support/Support-Form/ to request help and support.

@catnipkiller do you refer to our email sent on: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:00:51?
    My colleague offered you a free exchange in this email, although the product was bought in 2011, when we haven't been on the Northern-American market yet, I think you forgot to mention this.

Best Regards,
    Tibor
    ROCCAT Tech Support
  8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, maybe the OP will attach the email, seems strange he would complain publically if he was offered a suitable solution??
  9. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    So was there a free exchange? If so was the replaced item of equal value? That would still be a win imo.
  10. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    The problem is that you bought something through NCIX. They are giant douchebags that charge you quite a bit more for shipping (and other things) than they should.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  11. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    From what Tibor has said, it would suggest that a replacement has been offered so not sure why this thread exisits, looking forward to the OP's return and comment.
  12. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    No, not offering free shipping does not mean they are douchebags. A tiny package costs 10+$ to ship here as an individual or small business. NCIX charge 10 for faster shipping of a huge package or 6-8 for a normal package

They also offer an awesome pricematch service, and their RMA service is much better than the average. They also have above average customer service

Just because of the pricematching, they are cheaper than wverywhere except memoryexpress, but offer a LOT more products and stock, therefore they are often the best place to buy stuff from
  13. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Mayhaps i need to retract my previous comment?

14. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think Roccat is well on top of this. The OP is said to have purchased a mouse when they weren't available in his region, and they still offer a free replacement....wow!
  15. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Waiting for OP to post back, looks like I'll need to retract my comment as well.
  16. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    If I were in the OP's situation and circumstances, I'd definitively expect ROCCAT or NCIX to step up to the plate right away, if not, one or both would lose my business

Right now it's he said she said kind of situation. But in my opinion ROCCAT probably offered a replacement and he probably didn't understand they were offering him that replacement, happens all the time
  17. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    yes maybe he was on catnip :p

(im sorry, i had to do eet :p )
  18. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    If NCIX sold a product to catnipkiller with the warranty information on the product page somewhere knowing that they aren't a certified retailer and that the warranty would be invalid, that's false advertising and the responsibility should be with them.
  19. Tibor@ROCCAT

Tibor@ROCCAT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was hoping the OP would set the record straight, but since he chose to keep silent for whatever reason:

We offered the customer a free exchange in the same email.
    ...I see it might be necessary to post the email afterall, to show what happened.
    The customer understood it straight away. Thats one of the reasons why I decided to post here, since his post was letting out just enough info to let people think that we would not care about our customers.

Usually we do not post emails, but in this special case I see obliged to post the words of my colleague in a form purged of personal information just as names, emailadresses and such:

Please keep in mind that the part about NCIX not being authorized dealers is obsolete, since they became official resellers short ago.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Hi XXXX,

I am sorry that your Kave is defective. You bought your product at an unauthorized dealer. Please note that only the dealers stated on this website are authorized ROCCAT dealers http://www.roccat.org/Where-to-Buy/#cwtb_106933_en_USA
    You will notice that distribution has just started in the US and in Canada it hasn't started yet.

Even though this product was bought at an unauthorized dealer in the past, we are willing to exchange you the product as an exception. Please provide us with the following information:

Last Name:
    First Name:
    e-mail:
    Product Name:
    Part Number/version (begins with "ROC-"):
    Street Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip code:
    Phone Number:

Viele Grüße / Kind regards,

AXXXX XXXXX
    Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------
    Please keep in mind that the part about NCIX not being authorized dealers is obsolete, since they became official resellers short ago.

So much for the email we sent to the customer.
    He answered it the very next day (25 July), and we issued an RMA the same day. His package is probably on the way to our US warehouse already.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    m1dg3t, n-ster, pantherx12 and 6 others say thanks.
  20. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Oh noes where's the op haha XD
  21. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Hrm. Looks like a reading comprehension failure on the OP's part. Thanks for posting the email for us to gaze upon.
  22. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    It seems that the Op logged on last night but chose not to post here, I see no reason to keep this thread open any longer, it will simply invite further publicity with visitors on a subject that I feel has been adequatly addressed and dealt with by the company, thanks to Tibor for clearing things up and I hope things work out well for the Op...... have a good day.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012