1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do people live in mosques?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by MiST91, Apr 3, 2008.

1. MiST91 Guest

ok, this sounds a little strange, but i'm deadly serious. I sold somthing on eBay and his address just says "Moorgate Mosque Moorgate Street, Rotherham South Yorkshire" i dont want to contact the buyer untill i get this clarified (i dont want to email the buyer saying "do you live in a mosque?" or somthing" so, is there some kind of mistake here (a pretty inexperienced eBay user) or can people live in a mosque, or more specificly,can people live in a mosque who are buying barred phones that need the IMEI number illegally changing?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds shady on ALL fronts to me.

3. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, i wouldn't trust it.

4. MiST91 Guest

the buyer has paid me through PayPal, and all went well, but i have just packaged it and realised his address, do you think i should get in contact?

5. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    Um..just email him again, and ask for his address...tell him you forgot it or somethin

6. MiST91 Guest

thats a great idea, never thought of the "act dumb" approach :D

7. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Well if you needed to stage a TERRORIST ATTACK you would need to hack a cellphone(illegally) and set it to an used number. Its harder to trace them that way for logistics(communication etc.).

Also people have been known to rig a phone like that to a previously completely unused(unassigned) number so when it receives an incoming call, it triggers an explosive.

A simple book thats readily available called the "US Marines Munitions Manual" would supply them with such info to make an explosive like that.

You should probably alert the local government just in case.

Bring all the info from your paypal transaction so they can trace funds properly. I am not kidding here. You could help foil a terrorist group in your country. They get caught alot more often than you would think. :(

8. MiST91 Guest

:eek: never thought of that :eek:

but, dont think i will go that far because i know of the guy who bought it (dont directly know him), but i know he works in a phone shop in Rotherham town center who unlock, debrand, repair, flash, unbar and sell mobile phones, so i think allerting the government is a little extreme in this situation, but i wil be much more aware in future when selling phones like that.

9. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    .....or maybe he works at a mosque and wants it sent to his office.

10. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    I doubt it.

11. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    lets try a more reasonable story like polaris's instead of HES A TERRORIST GO TURN HIM OVER TO THE AUTHORITIES ASAP! first.

12. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Yes people live in mosques. As do people live in churches, houses, garages, caves and trees.
    Additionally it could be his work address, considering most people spend over half the time they're awake every day at work it's valid to have phones, pr0n and bombs delivered at work.

I really don't see the issue. Besides, why would you care where he has it delivered?

13. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    what will you do with pr0n in a tree?

14. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    The same as at home.

15. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey, yeah people do not live in mosques :) only time some people live in a mosque is in the last 10 days of Ramadan....apart from that no...so it does seem a bit shady....

16. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    I think alerting authorities is going to far and is almost profiling.
    If we did not have pr0n in trees would would the monkeys do?

17. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    he might not live there...he could be working there...and just want it to be delivered at work...

18. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    I grew up in Rotherham dont live there now though or i could have checked it out for you.
    If the guys payed you send it.

19. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Actually my post was quite serious. Our country is full of mosques, like a few blocks from here there is one and the Imam lives in it. His home and the mosque are a single building connected internally.
    In fact, when I went to primary school (right next to it, gotta love that) 2 children there lived there.

Same goes for churches, many have living parts for priests and the likes.

My question remains though, why the hell would you care where someone lives? He won the item, paid, you're legally and morally obliged to send the item.

20. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    I agree fully

21. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm thats weird :) didn't know that :) where they the imams children

22. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know your country is full of mosques Dan. Aside from the Muslim immigration and drug addiction your country is almost perfect. A Pakastani friend of mine always said he left Pakistan to avoid the extremists. The US keeps tabs on the mosques just the same as it does other extremist groups.

Europe is often to Politically correct to stand up to extremists rather than cave to their whining. Why let a group whine to get something censored. The Danish cartoons were exercises in freedom of speech. If they don't like the freedom of speech, they can go back to a country that breeds extremism.

Heck, its fine if they make cartoons making fun of Christ. Its freedom of speech. If you don't like a cartoon, you can ask them to stop, but you can't force them without infringing on someone's rights.

PS. Have you guys ever watched Dispatches: Undercover Mosque 1 or 2 from the UK? They want to take over the UK. It was revealed in undercover cameras that were taken into the mosque.
    Watch it here: http://www.sweetness-light.com/archive/youtube-has-uks-undercover-mosque

They see the Kufaar as "enemies".

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  23. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:

I dont think you should propogate hate/generalizations here. Yes, there are extremests in every culture/religion, but I don't think your link/comments belong in this thread. The person bought an item and wants it shipped to a Mosque, big deal. Unless MiST sold a bunch of fertilizer or other questionable items, its no big deal.

Too much paranoia around here if you ask me (yeah, you didn't, but I'm giving my opinion anyway:p)

24. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever watched Rise of a Nation? It's about a little Christian organization called the KKK that goes around killing black people. Christians must be evil they see the black people as "enemies"

You see my point about extremist elements in generally good groups? Someone could probably make a documentary portraying Mother Theresa in a bad light.

GSG-9 and Azazel say thanks.
  25. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    There was a KKK back in the 1800's down south when racism was at a high..