1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DOD Source, anyone know about it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AMDCam, Dec 24, 2005.

1. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, I ask everyone I come across on CS, CS:S, and Day of Defeat, how this game is and no one has an opinion on DOD: Source other than "it's okay, just better graphics". Does anyone own it or has anyone played it? Are there extra features? Is there a lot of people playing? And most importantly, does anyone think it's gonna be free in the next few months, I mean it's the first internet-only (download) Valve game that costs money. Thanks guys

2. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received:
    It won't ever be legally free. And it's available at some retail stores as a package with counter-strike: source.

In my opinion, the gameplay is a bit stale. All you do is capture points on a map. There's usually 5 or 6 flags on a map and your team has to have control over all of them to "win." After a team wins, you restart and do it again.

And the maps feel pretty small - like "urban combat" in European town settings. But it's only $20. It's worth $20... but it's not a great game. I got bored after a week of playing it occasionally.

3. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright thanks man. I finally got someone that owned it's opinion, and he said opinions vary but he loves it. It's got a few extra features, they took some old features out, and the graphics are obviously better. I've played DoD for years and I prefer it over any Counter Strike. Mostly because you can use team strategy more instead of being totally frantic like you are in Counter Strike and games like Unreal Tournament.

4. grazzhoppa New Member

Thanks Received: