1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Does anyone have a Ultra Aluminus Case?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by mytiggertiger, Jan 14, 2007.

1. mytiggertiger Guest

I finally picked my case, the Ultra Aluminus Blue, and was wondering if anyone has one and can recommend a DVD and CD drive that will fit? I don't want a combo drive and have heard that Lite-On and LG are the best, but don't know which ones to get.
  2. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just changed my dvd writer from an lg to a lite on (the drawer motor was faulty)

theyre both good drives, but the lite on is quite a bit louder, if thats any help

and what do you mean combo drive? all dvd writers write cd's anyway
  3. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    combo = dvd-rom+cdrw?
  4. mytiggertiger Guest

I just meant I want a separate CD drive. If I only got a combo and it failed, I'd be SOL.

Does your DVD have the LightScribe??? I was looking at going that route. I don't think I would benefit from dual formatting....if I have that much data to store, I'll put it on my other hard drive.
  5. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    ive got lightscribe, but havent used it yet (no l/s disks) - the discs do look cool when done though, my friend done me a couple

and judging on the price of the things now, id go for either 2 dvd r/w's or a dvd rom and a dvd r/w

then if one fails you could still read either media