1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Does anyone play APB Reloaded?

Discussion in 'Games' started by u2konline, Nov 7, 2012.

1. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    If so, what server do you play on?
    also what do you like about it? :)
  2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:

Attached Files:

3. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    I played it when RTW owned it in beta, then just a few months ago spent about 80 hours in a week or two on it. I bought the premium for a month. It was good but after a while just became a grind, and it being F2P, all the cool shit you have to pay for, so I said screw it. Plus there were lots of questionable players.
  4. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice game, pretty repetetive once you get the hang of it, and sometimes unbearable due to Uber-Hackers tho
  5. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Played it intensively for about a year, then died down this summer when I got into other games. I still play it with a couple of clan members sometimes. IMO the game is absolutely fantastic, but it's run by a company that doesn't have very good ethics. Pure pay2win; winners of contests and events are made to jump through hoops to get their prizes, even if they're only virtual prizes; support is non-existant unless it's a report of a cheater.

Things have changed a bit with the dev's being more involved with the community which results in more efficient conclusions to problems, but the proper G1 support is still a joke. They've been re-balancing old ARMAS weapons and making some cash shop available to earn in-game so the pay2win'ness isn't so bad now.

Asylum just got released so played it til death now just waiting for more content; which happens once a year with the small dev team.

I still love the game, and I love the Reloaded team, but G1 suck so hard it made me annoyed with the game. There aren't as many hackers as there were a few months ago; but they are still around.. Saying that, you will always find one in either EU1 or EU2 at early hours of the morning in one fight club district, probably trying to livestream while I'm tk'ing him :laugh:

EU2, scaminatrix crim
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  6. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    I use to play it but its just a pay to win game. You get a free rental of a pay to use gun and go 30-0 or you get stuck with the starter weps that suck. And now they have hackers running around half invisable. It was a cool idea but its another free to play pay to win games.

[​IMG]
  7. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I play it , mostly play on EU1 ,but i also have characters on joker and colby.
    My main character name is LAPDAlonzo. I am pretty much hated on every server, but its cool.
    Great game, we just need more districts. I think they need to sell the game IMO tho
  8. Absolution

Absolution

Thanks Received:
    Ive been playing the Reloaded aka Gamersfirst version since beta. Still playing every now and then (though its mostly dota 2).

If there is a definition of a Pay 2 Win game, its APB. They release weapons with lower TTK (time to kill) and recoil in ridiculous gamble boxes (where you have a 2-5%) chance of getting the item and not in any other way. Before that, weapons were released at $40-60 rates.

It only gets worse such that they change the performance of p2w weapons over time to make them less OP than the newer OP armas (their cash shop) exclusive weapons.

Their server performance is trashy too, instead of improving their service / servers, they choose to change the load of the server (ie something which has no cost impact). The russian publishers do a better job and provide much better server performance. Client performance isnt any better either.

Why some people still play it? Because ignorance is bliss. Its still fun if your not aware of the p2w, server performance part. Mostly newbies will think its them (their skill) to the new game and not the fact that other issues are making the game more difficult for them. Other few play because they have already invested hundreds and thousands of dollars in a bid to be competitive.

Thats pretty much describes the current players. Like 5-10% play, because they unlocked the OSMAW (the rocket launcher - the ultimate answer to hackers/p2w) and just blow things in their path.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I play in Obeya EU-1
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  9. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    lol you hackusated me and my whole clan on our alts, rampaging in /d about how we are all cheating f*ggot russian kids.... My alt's name is CTPAHHO1998RUS so kinda hackusate-bait; and we're all thick skinned so laughs were had.
    Seriously though, calm down a bit, and realise the game doesn't actually matter, there's no point having a heart attack over it.
  10. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I never heard of you , so you sure it was me?
    what server?

And by the way, i really don't care if people don't hack anymore. I haven't played the game in a while, not even sure if i am coming back to it. Its getting a bit tiresome :ohwell:
  11. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    Yea, it was you :p EU2 or EU1, can't remember. I've had quite a few troll alts so might not have been the same name. I'm not bothered at all about hackusations and such; it's basically a compliment anyway :laugh:

I really started enjoying APB once I stopped caring. I had some bad health problems when I was younger; the stress of the game brought them back so just not caring is definitely the way to go.

Agreed on tiresome, and people keep coming back thinking things will get better; and they won't, they'll just change.
  12. u2konline

u2konline

Thanks Received:
    I don't play EU2, there are members from my clan and gms in my clan that play on eu2, but i don't. As for EU1, yea i do. But still i don't remember doing it.

IMO things were better in RTW and early beta when the GM's actually seemed to cared about the game.

Well i decided to play, but not as much, just working with my clan on reporting people now. But the game is still fun, just wish they sold APB, so we can get some real damn content.

On another note, check out this game:

Absolute Force Online - Gameplay - YouTube

Coming Nov 4, its 3rd person and first player. Looks similar to APB a bit also, going to be playing this.
  13. dude12564 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to play. Stopped after.