• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

does someone know how to repair a msi gtx280 bios ?

last year during november and december i bought a mainboard with 7 slot x16@8x ..and few gtx570 but no sli ... but luckily [8 i found hypersli here, that is a super cool tool .
so i continued to buy for my physx-4-batmans PC .
i used the bios library from here to update bios of my 3 gtx570 and a gtx280 . the 280 was not wanting the bfg rom bios from here .
i read that a previous nvflash was able to flash without error , i used it and all was done without warning or error .

now the mainboard is running well except the gtx280 .
i tried to reflash a bkup of bios [that is perfect]
but i get a warning message about a save of bios and the error :
ERROR: mismatch in 256 byte page-mode programming

i wonder how to solve that , the bios is partially installed . gpu-z , nibitor or nvflash can still check the board .
i used parameters -4 -5 with nvflash
thank in advance

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
I've read to use "-4 -5 -6" but I've never used them myself

i wonder if it is "normal" , i did a check of eprom of my 3 gtx 570 : a pny a msi and a evga , they all have the same model exactly as the gtx280 . i will unmount the card and try with an ati as main .

I would read a tutorial and get all the switches down and try some out... I say that because I was thinking that -f was forced flash and may help... I know I have used strings I found in write ups that have worked well for my cards

i read a lot and people are using many hidden parameters . i made a topic after registration at geforce.com that had no reply , then i did a chat on geforce.com , i asked and got only one [BAD] solution from there : to sent back the card to my ebay-dealer saying card was dead , give me my bucks back....
one other used gtx280 is coming next week , until that i ll try to repair the broken one .
may be some of staff members of techpowerup should check bioses in the public database . i downloaded some that are looking weird and this one "killed" my card : http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/117197/bfg-gtx280-1024-080812.html
may be some warnings should be added to it and some others .
i ll see how that turns with others mainboards

edit : the card still does the error... so there is no more i can do except waiting a tool ...
i hope the coming card will have no problemo

Last edited: