1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Does the brand of GTX 680 matters?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by puma99dk|, Mar 28, 2012.

?

Does the Brand of a GTX 680 matters?

1. EVGA

24 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. KFA2

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    well my dad actually bought a EVGA GeForce GT520 that ended with -KR and he purchased 10years for around 10euros on the EVGA site when he registered it.
  2. Shurakai

Shurakai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    standard yes, but my dad was able from 30days from purchase to buy 10years warranty for like 10euro's.
  4. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    then go for it!!!..

here is what the 'current' warranty terms say(EMEA region):
    "An EVGA product contains a suffix used to identify the warranty. As an example: 130-SB-E675-KR shows -KR for the suffix. This example can be used for all EVGA part numbers when referencing the suffix.

•All -KR products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date.
    ◦This includes the following suffixes: -K1, -K2, -KR
    "

Also, just a suggestion - if you know for sure that the "good" price u r getting for the -KR card will stay till April 2nd then maybe you can wait.. becos the new Global policy will be launched then and maybe u will get different(i mean better) warranty terms if purchased after April 2nd..
    but its ur decision & do what u feel is right..
  5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    the 2nd is on monday so maybe order it than but i dunno i will see.
  6. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    which of these brands is reliable for 680 this 2012

The new gtx680 will be coming up in our country this april 1st week

so far here are the brands available and their price. oh and all of these only have 1 year warranty and lifetime warranty I believe doesn't affect us in asia

MSi GTX680 = 686.04$
    ASUS GTX680 = 686.04$
    EVGA GTX680 = 616.27$
    Gainward = 523.25$
    Palit = 523.25$
    Zotac 569.76$

since I'll be buying 2 of them I'm thinking of which one would be a better deal? looking at their quality, and all seems good rma (not sure about palit but gainward seems to have better rma on the distro)

I was looking around google but keep seeing like palit sucks and such but the date was like 2010 or so now looking at the late 2011 mid august up to right now march 31 2012 has palit been a better choice lately? how about gainward?

so far my choice is MSi then Asus then Zotac(this one seems more reasonable in price)

what do you guys think?

Note: 1 Year warranty for all those cards and I don't think lifetime warranty from evga would work for me here in asia.

anyone here with an update from Zotac? seeing as most people recommend asus or msi or evga or xfx(amd card) as for lifetime from evga and xfx.

zotac quality is it good?
    gainward (I heard it's like palit or daughter of palit or split palit or something) do they have great quality?
    palit (heard only bad stuff about this company are they any better now?)

also plan on on overclocking those cards in the future so I hope many of you would help me in choosing a better quality gtx680

well I could have afford 2 msi or asus but price doesn't seem right.

how about evga? you think it's a better buy than msi/asus of course price and quality wise?

yeah I know they are all reference pcb or something so all the same but I'm trying to find one with good price at least on a more reasonable price but not risking anything (the green frog) unless they've improved since before
  7. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
    If not EVGA, I would go with Asus for service & support..
    Zotac, however I have no clue..
  8. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    thanks for moving my post to the right section ^_^

anyone else has any info about palit these days? I saw somewhere this 3 fans gtx680 of palit seems great, but seeing as how their reputation goes (old post from 2010 and below years) so far I can hardly find any negative info about palit last 2011 and this 2012,

so is it safe to go to a cheaper palit? or go with the medium priced zotac or go with those overpriced asus/msi (based on my post above)?