1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Does this laptop need a new screen?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maban, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    My sister tells me there was a glass of water mishap with her laptop. She sent me this photo. Is this something that can be fixed with a new screen or is it something more serious?

[​IMG]

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    It appears that the screen is cracked...so with that I would say yes in that case, should be pretty quick and easy to do.

Can she use the external HDMI/VGA to an external TV or computer monitor to ensure the GPU output isn't just doing that in the first place. If the GPU output isn't good...then the laptop is toast unless the GPU is replaceable. :toast:

3. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah. Going back through the chat log, I guess I forgot that she said it works fine otherwise. What's the best place to get a new screen? She has an HP 2000-2D22DX.

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Depends...I've gone through E-bay and various other vendors from all over the world (read: China). I usually look at the top 3 cheapest results and whatever comes closest to matching the OE specs. Sometimes it'll be tough to know if you have a matte or gloss screen, or you'll order one and get the other... NEVER been an issue either way with customers...most will have forgotten.

Just google that laptop + replacement screen and start looking at options. If it seems to good, it might be. Most screens run $50-100. You should also be able to find Youtube videos replacing the screen should you not be familiar with it. :toast:

5. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    He even found you a Prime sale! Get that!