1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dont Buy Vista

Discussion in 'General Software' started by AshenSugar, Oct 20, 2006.

1. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Vista licence.pdf

http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?id=5138&catid=1

so basickly DONT BUY VISTA PERIOD, if you buy prebuild system, tell them you dont want vista, ship it back if its forced on you and make them give you $ back(leigaly they have to if you dont use the preinstalled software)

vista is so bs that it wont even let you work around bugs you find, or play mpeg4 videos.

not to mention that it has to "call home" regularly or you cant use it, so if your without net for a while you may endup with a system thats totaly un-useable due to not being able to call home to mommy.
    this isnt a joke, what if theres a storm and the phone lines/cable lines/exct are taken out for a week or more, or power is taken out then comes back but phone/cable is stil out and windows needs to call home, your SOL, your computer will just stop working, eather till you can get it back online OR you buy a new one.

sorry i know this isnt hardware, but its a good reasion for people not to rush and drool over dx10 cards and such, because to use dx10 you are FORCED to use vista, this isnt good, it isnt healthy, and the only way ms will change it is if people dont buy vista, stick with xp or 2k for gaming, refuse to buy dx10 games tell the publishers your not gonna buy anything that supports vista, tell ms that your not buy anything that supports vista.

2. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    So if we are not to play DX10 games then we are supposed to be board out of our minds replaying and replaying our old games over and over? Not me. I want the new and improved, cutting edge games.

Have you seen some DX10/DX9 comparison screens?

People are going to buy VISTA. I am. People will be buying it like they buy bottled water. It's a fact that can not be changed.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  3. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    GLD if you have the money go ahead. Anyway ashensugar, 101% support.

4. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    gdl, games for the next 2years minimum will support dx9 and dx10, game makers dont want to loose the gamers they have now, hell look at games like halflife2 it has dx7,8,9 support built in.

and GLD is now official part of the problem, i hope after he gets vista his net goes out for a week and his windows stops working till it comes back up, or he upgrades his hdd and has ms inform him he has to rebuy windows vista because hes over his install limit(no more unlocking of acctovation, if you go over your limit, you buy it again)

me im gonna stick with windows 2003 server and if that means not getting new games in 3 years fine, i will play good old games and be glad im not supporting this new ms licence model.

5. Munkul New Member

Thanks Received:
    i personally am only not gonna buy vista because it COSTS FAR TOO MUCH. its a waste of money, and although there are far too many rumours about how shit it will be, they usually have some foundation.
    if people like it say a year after it comes out, then i will consider.

6. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    The fact is, people are going to buy Vista. You go to your local box store and all the new comps. say Vista ready somewhere on them or in there specs. People read that and they know they want it to keep up with the in thing. I have tried out beta 2, and RC1. I want it because I like it. Not because I need to keep up with the crowd.

Yes I plan to buy it, prob. even on it's release date. So good for me.

AssSugar, to wish someone bad things, thats tarded. You would be crying foul if those ill effects happened to your rig.

7. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    try it now, its got a free RC trial now Munkul, but i hope you got 1.5-2gb ram MINIMUM and a good dx9 card if you wana even run its desktop.

oh and dx10 games dont excist, if your refering to say ut2k7 then your seeing what dx9 can do, not dx10.

dx9 hasnt even been pushed to its limmits yet, and opengl2.3 is far more powerfull and vercitile then dx10 will be, i dont see game companys forcing us to upgrade other then MS and who cares about halo2 on pc? halo1 pc ver sucked so bad i wouldnt touch halo2 pc if it was free.

8. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats really mature lol.

and i wouldnt put myself in a possition where those things WILL happen, read the vista licence the links there, your buying the right to have ms ram you in the bum without lube

all the things i listed can happen due to the way ms is licencing vista, if you change out your hdd due to failuar, and reinstall you use up your acctovation allocation, you then have to re-buy vista if you need to reinstall again, this is the plan, its ment to keep people from using the same os on more then 1 system more then a couple times, they want you to buy windows over and over and over.

say your mobo dies, you replace it, oops you gotta re acctovate windows, ooops your past your acctovation limit, you transfer it to your new hardware, it acctovates, then your hdd dies or windows dies, you reinstall you try and acctovate, it dosnt work telling you that your past your limmit, you call ms for help, they inform you that you have used up your install quota for that copy of vista and that you must now buy it again because after all, you need vista.
    so you buy it again, then your net goes out for whatever reasion, a week later you go to use your system and it wont let you do anything, tellingyou that it needs to call home to make sure its a valid install, you dont got net so your sol till you get net to let it call home(sol=shit out of luck)

truth is that vista is gonna make ms a bundle, but it will also loose them alot of users every time somebody trys to reinstall windows and isnt able to and calls ms just to find out that they need to buy a new copy because they installed that copy to many times.

vista is stupid, people who rushout and grab vista are stupid and askiing for the pain i wish apon you, yes i hope this happens to every person who rushes out and grabs vista, i hope they loose alot of important data, i hope they cant play there home movies they put into mpeg4 format because ms says they cant, i hope every singel thing ms has put into vista to control what people can do with there computers backfires and causes ms and the users nothing but pain and headakes.

im a windows user, but ms needs to learn a lession about pushing the user to far, people need to learn to read the licence agreement b4 they ellect to use software, anybody who buys this is asking for trouble, and i wish them nothing but said trouble.

9. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    Life is to short to be scared.

Oops, guess I misspelt your name as you did mine.

My dogs never s**t where they eat.

10. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.overclockers.com/articles1375/
    little insite into things from somebody whos a little crazy

im not scared, im smart enough to know that i wont be willing to let ms rule my life or the life and functionability of my pc, vista is just that, they can close down your pc if they for some reasion deside your keys not valid (say a pirat group gets your key somehow) if that happens guess what? you get to BUY A NEW COPY OF VISTA AT FULL PRICE!!!!!!

no thanks im not going there.

11. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    Im not worried. I have more then one comp. My important data is always backed up on a ext. hdd. If one pc gives up the ghost, I guess I learn from my mistake. But again, im not scared. Bill Gates is my hero.

12. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Sadly, that's how things are turning. I mean, look at the music industry or Apple and all that. DRM is teh future, it seems, wheter we like it or not.

13. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    5 words only:
    FU..CK VISTA, and F..CK DX10
    i will use xp and linux :cool:

14. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Oh man GLD will you just shut up? Damn if you're so rich then go buy vista in every new comptuer you have. If not just ignore this thread since you're so vista positive. Oh you could install it into your 2002 computers too. Go find bill gates and beg him for money. Irritating people.

16. Slater Guest

/me moons Bill Gates

TAKE THAT!

Fuck Vista....

Oh yeah you can always just shadow your HDD with GHOST once you first install it so you don't have to keep reinstalling it if it fails..... but you didn't hear that from me ;)

17. pentastar111

Thanks Received:
    Heh,heh,heh....hear what?:rockout: I'm not planning on "switching" over until and "IF" they get all of the bugs out of that crazy overpriced resource hog. The "monitoring" of my PC by a "Microsoft mothership"?, is kind of spooky in a "Big Brother" sort of way.:eek: can anyone say "keylogging". the potential for some extremely bothersome "hacking" and internet theft situations simply can't be ignored on that note!:shadedshu Doesn't sound like there will just be a few "patches" to fix the potential security problems that are going to arise.

18. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    i wont be buying vista because im smart, and if need be, ill contact some of my "codie" buddies to rip DX10 apart and make it work on XP, there is, after all, no technical reason why XP cant support DX10.

19. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    ya thats enough of that this will not become a flamming thread feel free to discuss why not to buy vista or to discuss who is but i will not tolerate people flaming each other period.

20. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Pros
    1. Vista looks nice.
    2. Probably better stability when its released.
    3. Nice friendly interface

Cons
    1. Direct X 10 works only on vista
    2. Able to use it on a system once only
    3. Shitty hell to buy a brand new vista which costs $700+ (SGD) just to install it on a new computer

21. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    under pros you have to take 1 and 3 out, google mr. windows x and you will see why ;) so i make that one pro, which will only come true about 2 years down the road...

22. PuMA

PuMA New Member

Thanks Received:
    funny, how they keep adding stuff and updating with new vista version, when the only thing i really use in windows is file explorer

23. mrbudgie New Member

Thanks Received:
    xp users will get some of the dx10 goodies with dx9L (direct X longhorn i think)

so i wouldnt rush either :)

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    its all or nothing imo, why give xp a cut down dx10 when it can fully support all of dx10? it reeks of M$ trying to bully everybody into vista. nobody will stand for it though, especially the games software houses and graphics manufacturers.

25. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    lol GLD when did you last look at who was running Microsuck, last i recalled Bill (godsend) stepped down and someone else (buttfucker) stepped up, oh and sucked at it.

EDIT: soz will step down in 2008 :D , hes stepped down from software engineer or something like that