1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Don't you hate it when you order parts then the price drops

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DaMulta, May 2, 2007.

1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Honestly you order something then before even ships from the company they drop all the prices. If I would of waited to order my machine today I would of saved a hundred dollars:banghead:

2. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    We've all been there. When I ordered my trusty X850XT, it cost $214 shipped. Two weeks later it would have cost me $180. Two more weeks, it was around $140. Now, you can't find it, and I'll be lucky if I can get $125 for it with a VF-900 cooling it.

3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I never fall into that trap, cus i do a hell of a lot of research before i buy :D

I got my computer at Christmas (5 months ago) and ive only lost a bit. Mobo down $15, RAM down $30, Gfx down $20 and CPU up $30 :D

With my older P4 computer, i bought the sucker 3 years ago for $270, and i sold it as a "used for 2.5 years" CPU (sold it 6 months ago) for a whopping $250 :D So, i used it for 3 years and lost $20 :)

Even the RAM in it...it went up $20 over 3 years! I bought the 512mb sticks for $50 each (new) and sold em for $120 together, used (2x512mb)

Not bad eh?

4. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man that sucks bawls.:D That always happens to me. Doesn't matter how good i look.
    I had it with a 7900GT i ordered. 2 days after i ordered the price dropped 15 euro.:eek:
    They would not sell me the card for the new price so i cancelled the order and asked for a refund. I took three weeks before i got my cash back.:ohwell:

The worst tho, is that the prices in the US are so low. The ram i bought costs 180 euro here.
    In the US its $89 after rebates and stuff.:wtf: We don't have rebates here.:cry:
    And most US stores don't ship worldwide.

5. TLH

TLH New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a fact of life that we all feel we are hard done by when buying stuff.If you're always waiting for prices to drop to their lowest then you will never buy anything.:laugh:

6. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    its an arse, however, its great when you look on a stores website and find one of those great offers, i saved £90 on an x1800 the day the x1900 was released (i knew the x1900 was coming out, and was actually checking the prices of them on release)
    Have you tried contacting them to see if they'll refund you the difference, i know some u.k. shops will do this, my stepfather got some money back from comet (a u.k. electrical retailer) because they reduced the price of a television he had purchased (by £300) before they had even delivered it to him (he did threaten to return it for a full refund though)

7. GJSNeptune

GJSNeptune New Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course I hate when the price drops, usually the next day. When I bought my X800 from Newegg, it had a rebate. I saw it the next day or a couple days later for a lower price with the same rebate.

But I also like when the prices rise. I bought a Lian-Li PC-65b for $105.50 and whatever it added to shipping for a whole system. Newegg now has it for $119 + $15.99 shipping ($136).

Really hate their new front page though.

8. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I was happy when i got my x850pro...its was about 1 months in release...

every one else was asking around 300, bestbuy had a sale for 220...

and i was able to bag 100 bucks for my 9600xt, and my b-day happed and landed up with 100+ in bestbuy gift cards...so i was happy ;)