1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Doom 3 still scares the shit out of me

Discussion in 'Games' started by NdMk2o1o, May 31, 2010.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I have attempted to play this game for the last 6-7 years or however long its been out, but to be truthful, it scares the shit out of me, even today :eek:

It defo was the crysis of its day with breathtaking visuals and one of the creepiest atmospheres ever in a game, also it took me maybe 2-3 years before I could even attempt to run it at ultra setting with its next gen graphics as it would bring a lot of rigs to their knees just like the doom 3 of today aka crysis

But seriousley this game is fucked, the atmosphere is excellant as it really does creep you from the get go, and thats my problem, it takes me half hour at most to start shitting my pants with doom 3 and I really have trouble getting anywhere productive in the game cause I am too busy shitting my pants lol

Do we have any other doom 3 pussies or am I one of a kind lol? I really do wanna play the game but it freaks me out way too much lol

2. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
  3. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Haha, yeah felt the same when I played it the first time. But it gets old after a while cause I soon realised that as soon as I kept away from health packs, I'd not have demons spawning around that often. The game really doesnt like you having health @ 100%. Try this, its like a cheat! ;)

4. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    scares me too, its just a epic game

everytime i play it it goes good in the first 20min, and then i just go like......oh fuck not again:(

reminds me that i need to see the movie again:D

5. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    Lol Doom 3 is a classic and I still own the game, doesn't scare me though, to me Fear is more scarier, but Doom 3 does have its moments, I've probably got scared a couple times not remembering them now though, probably when a imp jumps outta nowhere and starts scratchin yo ass to death then Im like holy fuk and start beatin it with my torch lol:laugh:, great times:toast:

PS. Don, your system specs looks different but can't remember wat you changed:eek:

6. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    happen the same. Fear is by far away i think the most scary game i have ever played. I remember once you were walking down a pretty dark corridor and suddenly the few light turns of, then you turn around and see something coming but then all of a sudden its all normal again. Also Quake IV was pretty scary but nowhere near FEAR was.

7. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I used to try to play this after work some nights. I wouldn't even get home until 12am, needless to say I didn't play much :laugh:

Great game though, wish they would release a revamped version that looks better.

8. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Another one here! But i did get pretty far in the game. But when some baby-demons started appearing i gave up.

1: because they were kinda hard too beat
    2: they scared the crap out of me even more than every other monster out there.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:Lol, that reminds me bro, about a week ago when I purchased Fear on steam, I was playing along fine and I got up to this part where Im crawling in a air duct, its at the start of the game one of the first freaky parts, and I was thinking to myself, haha this ain't scary at all and i was being all confident and cocky lol and outta nowhere alma started crawling towards me in the vents and my reaction was like HOLY FUCK BALLZ and fear took over my body for a few seconds and I started shooting wildy:laugh::laugh::laugh: and then after that happened I said to myself "your a bitch ALMA" :roll: lmao thought I would share everyone that story of mine lol:laugh::toast:

Lol yeah those little baby demons were to me, extremely annoying but still owned their asses:p

PS. cool avatar pic:toast:

Stak says thanks.
  10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya Doom 3 is pretty scary, but i think F.E.A.R. scared me more. Alma's one creepy azz girl.

11. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Because of her i didnt buy it xD she even scared me at the tailer xD

CDdude55 says thanks.
  12. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i remember the first time i played Doom 3 before HL2 came out and i couldn't get past the first level when all hell breaks loose. i found that i needed to get past that to ramp up my adrenaline which would allow me to push past on. can't wait for Doom 4!

13. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    gotten new mb, cpu and mem

and i changed to a 260, didnt really need all the power from a 5850, i only play some l4d mw1+2 etc, so even the 260 is overkill :laugh:

and you've changed quite a thing too :cool:

Lionheart says thanks.
  14. Divide Overflow

Divide Overflow

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I think that the game-play in Doom 3 suffered from predictability and repetition. The game seemed to try to rely on higher rez graphics to make up for weaker action. Now the original Doom scared the heck out of me in a delightful way. I remember playing it at night with headphones on and literally jumping out of my chair turning a corner and running into some nasties. Fond memories to be sure!

15. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Doom 3 didn't scare me very much. I was more often annoyed by the fact that I can't see any fucking thing.

[​IMG]

The most I've ever been scared by a game thus far is when I entered the "Dangerous Cave" In Stalker CoP for the first time.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    if fear is scarier than this, then to me this would be a joke. I played 75% through fear and stopped. I got bored, it wasn't scary to me.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
  18. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Bioshock scares me D3 didnt

19. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Doom 3 was creepy for the first 2 hours of gameplay, then it got repetitive. Hell was by far the best level. Had at least half if the game consisted of hell, it would have been outstanding. I tell you what though, the freaking cherub demons in the delta labs still send shivers up my spine.

20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    FEAR still makes me poop.

21. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Both Fear 1 and 2 were scary freaking games, but I still don't think they hold a candle to Silent Hill 2. The lack of ammo and horribly shitty combat combined with a load of enemies, bad camera angles and creepy environments made it one SCARY assed game.

22. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The first pc I built (Athlon 3200+ with a 9600 XT) was just so I could play this game when it came out:)
    Haven't played it in a while, but I think I might install it...
    Tough toss-up between FEAR and DOOM 3. Play them both in a dark room while your all alone:laugh:

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Cuzza

Cuzza New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, I could never handle more than 30min of Doom3 at a stint, then I would need to take a few hours break. Consequently I never clocked it.

On that note, what hardware would I need these days to run doom3 well at max settings 1680x1050? don't have a gaming computer right now, maybe its time to make one

24. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    fear 1 was jumpy but doom 3 was just dam scarey and i never completed that game due to it being so good dam scary!

25. roast

roast

Thanks Received:
    Its blasphemous to say, I know, but I still haven't played D3 yet. :shadedshu