1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DOS flash utilities

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ketxxx, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know of a DOS flash utility similar to uniflash, only more updated? I had a semi successful flash with award flash 8.67 for a spare BIOS chip to revive my AW9D Max, but not good enough to make it boot, I need to be able to program the entire chip.

2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    If it makes any difference, I have an asus board I'm using to attempt reflashing my BIOS chip, award flash recognises the chip etc, but wont flash the BIOS due to chipset \ BIOS difference, if theres a way to get around that, I'm set :cool:

4. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You probably won't be able to do that. Just order a new BIOS chip from BIOS man;
    International shipping is only an extra $5 for a total of $30, thats a whole £15 for you M8, the worse part is the wait (about a week).

:toast:

5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Bah, I'll soldier on. £15 is a rip, even over here for a new BIOS chip it'll cost like £10. I just pref not pay for something thats under warrenty, and more to the point, wasnt my fault. The chip is just a dodgy POS.