1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Downsizing current gaming rig to mini-ITX.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Tsukiyomi91, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Tsukiyomi91

Tsukiyomi91

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering whether it's a good investment to downsize my current gaming rig since it's a little too big & bulky... Any decent Z77 Chipset-based mini-ITX motherboards out there under the US$200 price tag? And a nice AIO CPU Cooler Kit to go along with it (also under US$200 price tag). Casing on the other hand, I've already picked the Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Casing (White). For chassis fans, I'll be using the ones that comes with the chassis for the time being. Any help/advise/recommendations will be appreciated.
  2. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I've done the exact same, only inside a smaller case (The silverstone SG-08). I can't recommend the ASRock ITX because mine broke, and was incredibly thin. Not to mention there were chips on the underside of the board which make mounting a custom cooler almost impossible without causing damage. I can recommend the EVGA stinger, Gigabyte wifi too. The MSI was lacking heatsinks on the VRM's so I didn't bother with one of those. The Asus P8Z77 delux ITX board is also very good, but I don't like the colour scheme at all.

There are plenty of cheap AIO's, the Corsair H55 for example, or the MSI Dragon Liquid AIO (Which is only £40 in the UK). Eventually I upgraded to an mATX though, as the Aerocool DS is the same size as the prodigy bar a few inches, and allows more than one PCIE slot, which I intend to dump a dedicated sound card into shortly. One thing I specifically looked out for on my ITX board was 5.1 onboard sound support for my headset.
    Tsukiyomi91 says thanks.
  3. Tsukiyomi91

Tsukiyomi91

Thanks Received:
    thanks for helping me out. For now I better go check to see if the IT retail shops still have those boards you mentioned or not. For the coolers, how about Cooler Master's lineup of AIO Cooler Kits? Are they any good like the other competitor in terms of value, performance & design? Just asking for more proofs about them.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    CM's Seidon's are pretty good, I have nothing bad to say about them. In benchmarks they seem very capable. Depends entirely on how much you want to spend on an AIO.
  5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i recently stepped down from a Micro-ATX system to a ITX system and went from a CoolerMaster Haf XB to a Bitfenix Prodigy it's atleast half the size smaller even it's cramped inside and i am using a H80i watercooler on my i5-4670k.
  6. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    +1 for the seidon. I get good temps with mine. CM have a newer AIO out that seems to perform a little better, too.
  7. Tsukiyomi91

Tsukiyomi91

Thanks Received:
    again, thanks for the help guys. Appreciated it~ ^-^ Time to save up for the upgrades!!!