1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dragon Age DLC Witch Hunt Sucks Monkey Balls!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Robert-The-Rambler, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Robert-The-Rambler

Robert-The-Rambler

Thanks Received:
    Stay the hell away from this crap and flip Bioware and EA the bird because this thing is so hollow and short that I felt like somebody stole my 7 bucks. It absolutely can't be considered anything but a complete disaster and a waste of money. It plays out like the demo for something else and reveals NOTHING to do with the campaign and how you played it before. Nothing is revealed and you only get some BS talk. It is only a bit over an hour. In fact because I decided to try another alternative angle in Origins with a later saved game I was unable to import the character I played from the previous save game where I made the opposite choice so it F'ed up the experience even further. I find it impossible that the same people could have worked on the DLC that worked on the actual game. I'm usually not this heated when it comes to video games but if this DLC is anything short of thievery then I don't know what theft is. Witch Hunt is utterly pointless and Bioware/EA or whoever is responsible should be ashamed. For Witch Hunt I give it two flips of the bird. :mad:

2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea its broken DLC hands down infact its suppose to tie up some issues with morrigan BUT she denies it all and says u betrayed her no matter what choices you make in origins or awakening in fact no matter what character import you use it wont work properly and its broken lol so the entire reason to play the DLC aka get closure dosent exist but if u had googled the DLC before buying you would see the news on it is everywhere

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/09/bioware-working-to-resolve-continuity-bug-in-dragon-ages-witc/

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...nt-dlc-is-broken-but-bioware-s-fixing-it.aspx

just like almost all DLC for all games it sucks and dosent work but did anyone really expect anything thing else ^ this is why i prefer a REAL expansion pack that goes through Q&A but last i knew Q&A dosent exist anymore

Robert-The-Rambler says thanks.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I liked how they tied in the Dalish Elf start with the Mage start and recycled the Cadash Thaig (from Shale) and the Dragonbone area (from Awakening). I didn't like how Morrigan really didn't say much (it was an obvious prelude into DA2). I think they should have released Witch Hunt for free as part of a patch and make the game automatically carry in to it after completing the Origins story. By itself, it's pretty lame.

She didn't say I betrayed her. In the save I used, I befriended her and she had the child with Alister. I also didn't select the option about betrayal. I'd imagine she would say you betrayed her if she did not have the child. I just wonder if DA2 will use both or not and if in fact, you will never see Morrigan again. I suspect DA2 is going to be Flemmoth vs. that child.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. yami2ki

yami2ki

Thanks Received:
    Actually in Origins, if you give her the golden mirror plot gift AFTER she asks you to do the ritual, then, in Witch Hunt she says that you did the ritual and befriends you.

In my save, I gave her the mirror well before that point so she said that I refused her.

I do agree with you though, it's not worth the $7 and should of been free just to tie up loose ends in the story before DA2.

5. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    my point is if u had a relationship with morrigan and finished the game and got the ending slides that went with it etc and did the ritual as a male character no matter what u do she says you betrayed her etc but heres the kicker if your a male character and deny her your dead... so how does that work? thats 1 of the major plot holes.

but basically in Origins theres a glitch where u dont get her proper ending even when doing everything right as when u import into Awakening it fucks it up again user work around fixed this for continuity sake which bioware ignored and never bothered with. now with this DLC no user fix works anymore lol and everythings been basically shot to hell. the Bioware forums is where u need to go to get a better idea on just how fucked up some of this is.

6. yami2ki

yami2ki

Thanks Received:
    Lol, whatever... It gave me a reason to play Dragon Age again, effed up story aside... xD

7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully they will fix it. But links to how you completed the game are screwed for sure as we felt that we were going though 2convo's with her and she left still being a friend lol.

So i'll give it another run though when they say they fixed it.

And all the addons but one suck as most of them but the golum should of been in it by default. Golum was the best as you could play though the game with him.

8. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    just yesterday i finished my second playthrough(lost my original save thanks to shitty DVD)and i hope that the choices that i made in the Witch Hunt will have some impact on dragon age 2(or is it just the main game and it doesnt count the DLC at all?)

9. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I gave her the mirror before completing Orzammar and the Daish Elf main quests.

Crunching for Team TPU