1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dragon Age Origins Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    I really dont think there is to many. The only one I found was called a Respec Mod. In which it just lets ya change stats around. I would wait like another month or two for some good ones.
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    As far as I know, there aren't any unoffical mods yet.

Other random bits:
    -I like the two Dwarven origins the most. Nobel sucked, Dalish elf is blah, Mage is a bit on the short side.
    -My favorite class is Rogue just because of the ability to stealth and open locks.
    -Once you unlock a class specialization, it will be available in future games (e.g. get Blood Mage once, it will be available in future games on the same account).
    -The fastest I could beat the game in was about 24 hours and 30 minutes with a mage (focusing almost solely on main quests).
    -All the loading is very annoying. At some points, I think the game is actually loading more than I am playing. :(
    -They need to make TAB a toggle.
    phanbuey says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to pop in and say I'm in! grabbed the Deluxe version with 2mins left of the steam sell! :rockout:
  4. Raovac

Raovac

Thanks Received:
    Shadowdust and mafia97 say thanks.
  5. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    im gald im not the only one with the loading thing... the game runs smooth maxed but loading takes long sometimes... i was thinking it was my rig
  6. BraveSoul

Thanks Received:
    just had a looong loading screen too, maybe its because of more content due to a quest or map or both
    syker says thanks.
  7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I haven't seen any load problems like that yet.. But, yet, I'm just now spent a few hours on it..
  8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I haven't timed it but it is usually rather long. I've ran upstairs, grabbed a fist full of mozerlla cheese, downed it, grabbed a muffin, and by the time I got back to the computer, it was still loading.

I've almost fallen asleep waiting for it to load too. I haven't seen this long of load times since, well, ever. :(
    syker says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn man, I feel like something may be wrong w/ your install, that's a bit ridiculous. Have you tried re-installing it perhaps?
  10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Naw. I've almost exhausted all the playability (80/86 achivements, I think) out of it so there's no sense going through all that trouble.

I should try it again without BOINC running though. It seems like I did earlier and it made no difference.
    syker says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The only problem that I've seen, is that it random just turns straight off.. Straight to desktop.. That's my only beef with the game..
    syker says thanks.
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like an unstable system to me.

the difficulty differences are too insane for me. They know it too...or else it wouldn't tel lyou duirng loading screen that you can change the difficulty any time!

NOrmal...it's a good, long fight, and many times sections require many attempts. Put it on easy, and you don't even need to use poultices...:shadedshu

Still enjoying it though!
  13. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Yep... unstable rig. :/
  14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    That's the only game it does it to.. OCCT stable for 4h and prime 95 for 8+... Made sure of that when I went to the ram I have now...

I played 3h today and there was no problems.. Just something at the beginning.. It would be right after load screen. But, if I saved before the load screen, it didn't do it afterwards.. Oh, well.. I'll be playing more tonight.
  15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Memory at fault, most likely. Very close to stable...but if that one address gets hit, the thread ceases to exist. Hence not always an issue...you gotta hit the right spot. Could be cpu cache, but you'd have other issues maybe, like IE having issues.

Very few programs test memory correctly, in fact...you gotta pay big bucks for a machine that does. I'm sure patents prevent release of proper software.
  16. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Memory isn't a problem. it's ran 6 pass of memtest86+ 4.0.. Like I said, it was at the start, I haven't had a problem after I saved before "meeting" Morgana.
  17. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    Yea sometimes my load times drag on for a couple mins and I can play at max or near it.
    syker says thanks.
  18. athenaesword

athenaesword New Member

Thanks Received:
    there're lots of reports about this on the net. usually it's only after a couple of hours of gameplay that you start to see significant lags in loading time. the only fix currently is restarting the game. i restart mine every 2 -3 hours and the load times zips right back to 5 -10 seconds.
    syker says thanks.
  19. athenaesword

athenaesword New Member

Thanks Received:
    is your system overclocked?
  20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    yes, but it's only been at that one spot.. It was just at one loading.. I've played almost 6h since that problem and there hasn't been a issue since. loading doesn't even take that long to do..
  21. Shadowdust

Shadowdust

Thanks Received:

Thanks for the link. They've got a decent start on mods. I have already downloaded the high res textures and there's definitely a noticeable difference. I prefer how Leliana and Morrigan both look with their CGI facial mods as well.
  22. syker New Member

Thanks Received:
    haha! my friend has serious problems with all that crap too, but he still likes the game. long loading time, lag, shtty graphics (please dont mind the language), horrible resolution. the commercial looks amazing, i have to admit, but, gah!, the actual game is HORRIBLE!

by the way, farlex85, nice signature.
  23. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    In the commercial, only Sten looks obvious. I think Leliana and Morrigan make an apperance but they hardly look like they do in the game.

The game is good (less the restarting to keep load times down) but I've pretty much exhausted the gameplay out of it.

The game only lags (rarely) because of BOINC. The graphics aren't exceptional but they aren't horrible either. It runs fine at 1920x1200 so I'm not sure what you're getting at with "horrible resolution."

If you don't like RPGs, you won't like this game.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I've put 6h into the game so far and I gotta admit, it's a good game for die hard rpg fan. Now, it probably be better via console, for my taste, but I'm glad I grabbed it for the 37.99 tag.
  25. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I figured that out too, after they start to drag I restart the game

Ok now heres something. I did, Human noble, then arl castle (but still no ash), dwarven city and now denerim, I had to reduce difficulty, but stil getting pwned, like i have 12-14 lvl chars and high level armor (massive and the legion of dead). WTF?!?!