1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dragonborn.esm (Skyrim) help, the quest won't trigger.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Black Panther, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So I have the EP, on Steam it says that I own it.

I played around in Skyrim for about 2 hours, doing minor quests and stuff (ok I got carried away) but I was surprised how nothing happened to trigger the new quest.

So I googled the issue.

- I have done the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest which is a requisite before this EP shows up.

- I have roamed the countryside and the cities.

- I have roamed a lot inside Windhelm, and gone to the Windhelm docks and spoke to everyone there.. There's no guy called
    Gjalum Salt Sage
    who's supposed to start the quest or something.

- I have checked my loading files... I have hearthfire.esm I have dawnguard.esm but I don't have any dragonborn.esm file :wtf:

- I have verified integrity of game cache on Steam...

What gives here?

:confused:

EDIT:

Just great. I restarted Steam and there's a 990MB download starting right now.
    I suspect (and hope!) it's the Dragonborn EP.
    I wonder why it didn't download normally as it did with Dawnguard and Hearthfire, duh.. :banghead: Even updates I don't want usually start immediately in Steam and are a PITA to prevent, but this one... It didn't download not even with a Game Integrity Check through Steam.. sigh!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't surprise me. I think Valve needs some serious attention to their Steam servers. Some things don't get updated as well as they should, and a lot of Steam versions of games have problems others don't. I don't even like that you always have to run the latest patch versions of games even if they're just sp. Sometimes the later patches make the game run worse.

3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    In any situation like this manually verify you have the new .esm file in your game folder and that it is checked in Data Files via the Launcher.

As an aside, I own Dawnguard already but don't have it enabled (checked) cause I am not ready for new content.