1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dresden FAB 38 is superior to TSMC

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by wolf2009, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

Fudzilla

Please leave a thanks !
  2. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    Didn't AMD consider selling-off pieces of their manufacturing facilities? What happened to that story? I mean, they can’t be in better financial shape right now than compared to few months ago when I heard the story.

I just checked, latest quote for AMD shows they are at $5.58 per share. Ouch! It is a miracle that AMD has the funding to do anything at this point.
  3. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Dresden fab is BETTER, but is it CHEAPER ? (to manufacture there)? If not, then it would be foolish to move everything there, given AMD's current financial state.
  4. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    lol you're confusing revenue with stock value, what amd has in reserve from revenue has little to do with stock value. also 5.58 us pretty good for amd right now, they're happy to be above 5$ right now.
  5. AddSub

AddSub

Thanks Received:
    Their operating revenue numbers are not great either and haven't been for a while now no matter how much AMD tries to dress them up. Share values have plenty to do with financial health of a corporation and can have a great limiting factor in overall performance.

And they can't possibly be happy to be just above $5. In their position, at particular moment in time, contrasted with the fundamentals of their competitors, and contrasted with where they were just two years ago? They need all the green they can grab.