1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

driver doesn't work after flashing

Discussion in 'RBE' started by der_eismann, Oct 18, 2008.

1. der_eismann New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi everyone!
    yesterday i found the RBE and tried to edit my VGA BIOS. I did it before with the Computerbase ATi BIOS Editor (German) and this worked fine. But RBE seems to be a little bit better, so I worked on my BIOS and today i flashed it to my Asus HD 3850. But after rebooting, i get a bluescreen. it says, that something is wrong with my atikmdag.sys (i installed official ATi driver 8.10). When i delete the driver from system in the recovery mode, it works, but I want to play...
    Did anyone have a similar error and fixed it? or shall i reflash it? or can i upload my BIOS file anywhere and you check it?
    Thanks!

2. VuurVOS New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you underclocked your bios too far. If you post your bios here, we can see what could be wrong.

3. der_eismann New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, here is the one I use now and it works fine.
    I'm not very sure, but I think the problem were the too low voltages in 2D, 3D middle and boot mode, I used 0,974V with 300MHz. No I use 1,014V. But why did I get a bluescreen? Any ideas how to improve my BIOS? Strange :laugh:
    Well, when I get a new error I will inform you ;)
    And what I almost forgot: RBE is a very great program!
    Thanks from Germany!

Attached Files: