1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Driver roll back attempt= Major, major issues...

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by jhine5588, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jhine5588 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been running the 9.8's for a few days (had the 9.7's for about a week previous) and have been experiencing nothing but VPU recovery even when running the stock clocks on my 3870's in Win7 playing WaW. So I decided to roll back to the 9.4's and everything went to hell...

The cards do not display correctly now, almost as if you first install a card in a new system with all of the off colors and such. I have ran driver sweeper about 10 times, tried re installing the 9.4's, 9.7's and 9.8's with no luck at all. I thought maybe I cooked my card(s) so I booted up XP and it(they) run fantastic with the 9.4's, even with the higher clocks. I didn't backup my system before installing any of these drivers nor have I since I installed Win7. Anyone have any idea what I might be able to do??

Jeremy

2. jhine5588 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i'm pretty certain it's a Win7 thing... Just installed my 9600GT as my primary display with none of the ati cards in and it does the exact same thing. Is there something in the registry that driver sweeper might have missed by chance?

Jeremy

3. instron

Thanks Received:
    jeremy before you do anything else if you can open the registry try cleaning any instances
    of drivers there then,checkdsk and defrag to see if that helps.It sounds simple but it might
    be a problem that windows 7 has.

4. jhine5588 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Clean reinstall, everything is fixed... Running the 9.8's too. I don't blame ATI, I blame new operating systems with stupid little flaws :cool:

Jeremy