• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dual Acer Monitor problems setting up.

Hey guys i'm having a problem setting up my dual monitors. I have an Acer S211HLbd 21.5 inch monitor. I've had 1 of these for 2 years, always worked fine, no issues. Decided to buy another one, ordered the exact same Acer monitor, got it delivered today. Put it together, got them side by side and they are slightly off. The wallpaper that is stretched across both screens do not quite line up, the new one, shows the wallpaper slightly off. Meaning if the wallpaper was a straight line across both screens it might look like this _____-------

Also the colors are off as well. Now, both monitor settings are exactly the same, as well as nvidia control panel being both the same also, yet the colors do not match. The first monitor which is what I'm used to, while the 2nd, new monitor has a slight pinkish tone almost to it. Can't figure out how to fix this when all the settings are exactly the same....

If I go to google, the new monitor on the right hand side, shows the google background as pure white. While my old monitor shows the google background as more of a lighter grey (what I'm used to) I can't seem to figure out how to get them exactly the same...Is it possible in 2 years, even tho same make and model, they have modified colors or something? I've also read someone say that in order for them to be exactly the same, you need to use 2 separate graphics cards? Even though 1 card has 2 ports, you would still need 2 separate cards for same exact color?...

*UPDATE* I messed with more monitor settings, I was able to adjust the new one to closer simulate the same colors, just boggles my mind that the same monitors would require different settings in order to look similar.... The new monitor says "LED Technology" at the top while the old one does not. Also when standing up and looking down on them both, they look worlds different. The new one is much clearer from a top down view while the older one, not so much. They must be different monitors even though they are same make and manufacturer?

Last edited: