1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

dual monitor orientation flipped on reboot/ black screen with cursor

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by cly, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cly

Thanks Received:
    I am running windows 7. I have seen many posts for this but not a real good answers yet and its driving me crazy. I have two video cards. A radeon 4850 and 4550. My 4850 goes to my primary monitor (monitor 1) which is on the right side. The 4550 goes to my second monitor (monitor 3) on the left. The reason I do this is because I have both video cards running to my LCD TV so that I can view my left or right monitor on my LCD TV (monitor 2 and 4). So monitor 1 and 2 are clones and monitor 3 and 4 are clones. like this [3|4] [1|2]. Everything was working great and then all of a sudden whenever I reboot windows changes the orientation. Monitor 1 is still my primary monitor but the settings switches it to the left side and monitor 3 to the right side. like this [1|2] [3|4]. So I have to go into either my screen settings or ATI CCC to change the orientation back. Any ideas how to fix this? And yes, my drivers are up to date.

So in order to get this to stop I disconnected the TV. So I only have my primary monitor connected to the 4850 and the second monitor connected to the 4550. After the windows screen loads I get a black screen on both monitors but can still move the mouse cursor around. This hangs for a bout 30-45 seconds and then the desktop finally loads. I think this is related to the previous problem.