1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dual monitor priority question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Zaspera, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Zaspera New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just hooked up my 2nd monitor and have selected my main screen etc etc. I got a 2nd monitor to run Wow on one and everything else on the other at the same time. Since I have dedicated this one as the main window, it runs everything. Is there a way to make WoW open on monitor 2 and leave everything else like it is (opening on main monitor)? Thanks.

2. Zaspera New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is the easiest way to select my WoW monitor as my main monitor and move my taskbar and icons to the 2nd monitor?

3. bretts31344

bretts31344

Thanks Received:
    There is an option in WoW settings to choose which monitor to display the game on. So select 1 or 2 for your situation.

The option is under options, Graphics, then on the top right it says Monitor and has the drop down box to select which monitor. You need to restart WoW for this to update though.

Zaspera says thanks.
  4. Zaspera New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everytime I pick Monitor 1 (Monitor 2 is primary), i hit okay, close WoW, open it back up and it reverts to either primary or monitor 2 (they are the same thing).

edit: seems to be fixed.