1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

dual monitor setup with X1950XTX CF

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Waldoinsc, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Waldoinsc

Thanks Received:
    Recently purchased a second Samsung 204b monitor to team up with with another 204b 20". Graphics provided by X1950XTX CF (single card), OS-WinXP Pro 32 bit.

I want to run both @ 1600x1200 and rotate them 90 degrees giving an effective veiwing resolution of 2400x1600. So far I have both enabled and am able to share the Windows desktop between them via Windows Control Panel.

I have encountered 2 issues, and don't know if they are related.

1. Games only run on one monitor- how are games able to display on both monitors as one larger dispaly (not just mirroring same display on both)

2. How can the display rotate 90 degrees using software so the orientation is correct if monitor is physically rotated?

Thanks for the help.

2. inows New Member

Thanks Received:
    USE the ATI CCC

3. madmanjohn

madmanjohn New Member

Thanks Received:
    some games are structured to only see the one monitor-

im not a big gamer but a friend of mine is, he battled that before and eventually found some adapter card plug in that did the trick but some wont see a dual video card-

it was like a multi monitor app for a home security thing- cant remember the name but it was freeware-seems to me is in cnet downloads

im not sure if this would help but you may be able to fool the game in hydravision- what happens in span mode?

Waldoinsc says thanks.
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    You have to use the Stretch Desktop function, but then there is no guarantee games will display properly in them, only certain games support multi monitor, aka Race and Flight Sim Games, and it doesnt matter if you run an NV or ATI card.

Waldoinsc says thanks.
  5. Waldoinsc

Thanks Received:
    haven't used ccc much as my systems still use AGP except for this newer build (though it is 2+ yrs old) ---ATITool has been my utility of choice for those.

6. Waldoinsc

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Eidairaman--Got the strech function in CCC to give me 3200 x 1200... haven't figure out the rotation part yet....how do I get it to 2400 x 1600 (rotate the veiw 90 deg)?