1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dual Monitor

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Garb3, May 26, 2007.

1. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    just gone dual monitor for the first time and what i wierd feeling it is:eek: only think is why does my games play on both screen and not just streched like the desktop or do i have to fiddle with the settings or is it just some thing i will have to get used to???

also any1 know of some good sites to get dual monitor wallpapers cause all mine look stupid cause their streched across both monitors:D

cheers
  2. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hate dual monitors, its not supported enough. Playing a game on one screen and having the stats etc on the other monitor is great, but sadly thats not the case in 99% of the time
  3. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    i believe it's in the ccc it's set to mirror your your desktop, so it plays the same thing on both monitors...........is that what its doing?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Mediocre

Mediocre New Member

Thanks Received:
    I prefer them separate. I put teamspeak and temps over on the secondary. That way I can see who is making out with the microphone :p

Problem is (with mine at least) - If the game doesn't run at your desktops resolution, it messes up the other screen's resolution. Kinda wierd
  5. Garb3

Garb3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    in oblivion its fine but when i play c&c3 it mirrors. oblivion runs way so slow aswell lol i think that was the wrong game to try ha ha ha

i think i will just go bk to 1 lol much simpler:toast:
  6. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you have dual monitor download the trial version of Ultramon.
    It is a pretty kewl tool and it can even make both screens as one screen (if you buy it).
    Its a kewl tool though
  7. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
  8. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have a similar problem with dual monitor setup, i cant ever play a high graphical game on one and watch a film on the other because it changed the res on both screens, the only way i have been able to get round that is to play the games in windowed mode but not all games support that! plus on the new C&C i have to disable dual monitor otherwise my mouse goes to the other screen when i just want to go to the left hand side of the map!!

i cant really help you but it all i can say its a great ideal but not supported much!
  9. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    you nailed it.

When I had Dual monitors I could play CSS windowed on one screen and then chat on MSN on the other screen. but that sucked and CSS was only game that supported Windowed mode
  10. AT-2500 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ever tested team speak overlay?

i tried dual monitor for a short time, and i can't think of why you cant just take one button - on your mouse for example - to change monitors - it would be so easy, but there's no way to do so.