1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Duke Nukem Forever DLC now out!! But is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by qubit, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Would you pay this much for this DLC?

1. Hell yeah, this much and more! Hail to the KING baby!!!

13.0%
  2. This much, but no more

4.3%
  3. Not sure, coz I'm an indecisive pussy

4.3%
  4. No f*£%$ way. Not for this turd of a game

60.9%
  5. Other, I'll go explain myself

17.4%
  1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I was tempted to make this into a hot news item, but I figured it would have been taking the micky a bit, so I restrained, ever so barely. :p

It's called Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Parody Pack which is now in the Steam store.

The main game is now on half price offer at £7.49 and the DLC costs £6.30 full price, but is it worth it? Here's the description from the Steam store:

Would you pay over £6 for this?

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
  3. qubit

Thanks Received:
    No offense taken. :) Here's what it means: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/344000.html

Oh and the poll is up now - be sure to vote in it! :D

cadaveca says thanks.
  4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    DNF was horrible in pretty much every way and I actually think less of people liking it.

qubit says thanks.
  5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I love the game and I am going to marry it. Being at the bottom of your shit list is what matters most to me in life.

6. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    You and me both dude. :)

(I was not entirely serious though)

7. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I really liked this game and I even reviewed it, right here on TPU. Now, can I be at the very bottom of your shit list?! :laugh:

:roll::toast:

You guys crack me up. Brilliant. :D

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  8. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    When i saw i had received an email from gearbox saying i had a free key for the DLC i was excited... until i saw it was multiplayer content, honestly i was much more meh towards the mp and was hoping for single player DLC.

I would assume that it could be worth it to people who could get in to the online parts of the game.

9. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Well, I clicked Other so I guess I'd better go explain myself, lol. :laugh:

I won't buy it, but not because I think the game is shit. It looks way overpriced for just some multiplayer maps and some game modes thrown in. Other companies manage to give you more single player campaigns too, which takes much more time and effort to do, so why can't Gearbox? Also, I hardly ever play multiplayer, so what's the point?

10. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I liked DNF, but most of the DLC is just crap. I remember a time when the modding community actually made good extra content for games and it was free. Now, if there was a DLC that allowed for carrying 10 guns, added secrets to the levels, and gave me a jetpack in the single player mode, then I would gladly buy it.

qubit says thanks.
  11. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    got the DLC for free i wont complain multiplayer is fun if a bit old school, overall im happy free content for me WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

12. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, hit the nail on the head there, my friend. Awesome fan made DLC has been killed off by the greedy games companies. :rolleyes:

13. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    DNF? Oh yeah that game that collects dust on my desk... never really warmed up for it. Don't care about DLC if its MP.

14. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry, but I just got to say, how can you go wrong with Duke? What other game can provide such random/hilarious screenshots?

[​IMG]

I do think $9.99 is too much for the DLC, but I did get it for free. But the game itself for $9.99 it's a good pick up.

15. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Zah?

Yes, that was an absolutely stupid sound effect. I believe it perfectly represents the stupidity of these assumptions. Fallout continues to have a proud fan tradition of modding. The Elder Scrolls is out there. RTS games always have the ability to modify units or develop unique maps. Unreal tournament was a little light on modifications, but putting on the Bender skin made everything 90% more awesome.

If you're talking about games that exist for multiple platforms, which make up a majority of main-stream games, then you've got ground to stand on. At the same time, this is not greedy game companies, it's greedy console makers. Trying to lock out pirates generally winds-up giving your consumers a huge problem. In this case, it's locking out modders under the guise of securing a console. If anyone has to know three distinct programming styles, and have the facilities and time to write their mods, they are part of a very limited few.

Remembering the days of functionally singular development environments (read, DOS and early windows) as though they were amazing is unreasonable. As people complain about having less modders, while pushing for more and more features, they forget that more features require more programming skills.

Please remember that development comes at a price. If you aren't willing to accept that then stay in the 16-bit era.

16. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Duke rulez. If you thought this game was going to be awesome, silly you. I will buy the DLC someday.

17. WarhammerTX

WarhammerTX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its a retarded game but black ops is so boring anymore I bought it and actually I wasted allot of time on it I wouldnt play it again. Its bargin bin time for old Duke

18. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE DUKE...:nutkick: I can't stand playing COD anymore.

19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I ain't gonna lie, stepping on people in multiplayer is pretty entertaining... though it's far too tedious of a way to kill someone, but go for it if you are after laughs.